Fall Of Reach Group Movie Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

....It won't get done, you'll never finish, blah blah blah.........
In advance, this is just a group project. MONEY WILL NOT BE INVOLVED.

But, if we get enough attention, recon might. lol.

Anyway. I had an Idea a while ago (some of you may already know) to make a series of short movies based on the Fall of reach. Now, I know no one is going to believe I'm serious about this without a Proof of concept video. I'm working on that.

What I do have is an animation test to show how I'm planning DOING this movie. I'm trying to get a style that anyone with artistic talent and ANY animation program can get in on this.

As some of you may already know, I did this using (basically) the same method of animation as South Park.

I did this because It's the most......efficient way to do things. No matter what program you render things in, it will always look the same. Hell, the animation program you use doesn't even need to be a 3d animation program! If you can add sprites with transparencies, morph them, and animate them with keyframes, then it will work. Also, if such a program exists, what's it's name? lol.

I painted a sprite sheet, added them as materials to flat planes, and animated the planes. It gets more complicated than that, but anyone that might be willing to help with animation would be able to fill in the blanks.

Well, in the mean time, I might need some people who can do Dr. Halsey, Keyes, and little John's voice.

I guess the POC vid might also be the first "episode". It starts off pretty slow, and wouldn't require many people.

I'm drawing up Dr. Halsey's sprite sheet right now, so if anyone has any doubts, I could just scan the WIP.

Summer's almost over, and I realize a lot of you are probably very buisy. But I know damn well I'm not the only person on the planet with free time. :lol:

With the completion of each "episode", I'm sure thing will get a lot easier.

All I can do is hope I'm not talking to a wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
....It won't get done, you'll never finish, blah blah blah.........
In advance, this is just a group project. MONEY WILL NOT BE INVOLVED.

But, if we get enough attention, recon might. lol.

Anyway. I had an Idea a while ago (some of you may already know) to make a series of short movies based on the Fall of reach. Now, I know no one is going to believe I'm serious about this without a Proof of concept video. I'm working on that.

What I do have is an animation test to show how I'm planning DOING this movie. I'm trying to get a style that anyone with artistic talent and ANY animation program can get in on this.

As some of you may already know, I did this using (basically) the same method of animation as South Park.

I did this because It's the most......efficient way to do things. No matter what program you render things in, it will always look the same. Hell, the animation program you use doesn't even need to be a 3d animation program! If you can add sprites with transparencies, morph them, and animate them with keyframes, then it will work. Also, if such a program exists, what's it's name? lol.

I painted a sprite sheet, added them as materials to flat planes, and animated the planes. It gets more complicated than that, but anyone that might be willing to help with animation would be able to fill in the blanks.

Well, in the mean time, I might need some people who can do Dr. Halsey, Keyes, and little John's voice.

I guess the POC vid might also be the first "episode". It starts off pretty slow, and wouldn't require many people.

I'm drawing up Dr. Halsey's sprite sheet right now, so if anyone has any doubts, I could just scan the WIP.

Summer's almost over, and I realize a lot of you are probably very buisy. But I know damn well I'm not the only person on the planet with free time. :lol:

With the completion of each "episode", I'm sure thing will get a lot easier.

All I can do is hope I'm not talking to a wall.
well the flood looks awesome, and good luck with your movie man, i wants to see it when its done

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what i think would be sweet... if you included live action footage as well... more people could help out, and it could be pretty sweet.

I don't know...

I don't really want conflicting styles.

I want to have the whole movie to have a kind of "sin city" feel to it. In the movement of the characters and the placement of the camera. Meh.....I don't know.

We'll all know with a few tests.

I'm kinda jumping the gun with this post, I just want to know if anyone's actually interested before I start wasting my time. You know? That way MORE people can waste LESS time. Lol.

We have a short movie in the works
out here as it already is.

It will start
out as a trailer following the story/ events
of halo through the eyes of a tattered group
of marines that cross paths with Master Chief
and the few spartians that are slowly exterminated.
The story ends with the invasion of Mombasa.

I could provide sketches and story for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back