Fallout T51-b Pepakura Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sigma-LS @ Jan 2 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

I planed to make 2 helmets one high def full model and one low detail without pipes :]

AND HERE IS FINALY unfolded helmet :DD

it's realy f00ked work but now i have it :]]

now need to manage parts to A4 paper :]

AAARHGGHGHGGHG : when I look on helmet in pepakura I see problem.... All faces was inverted :[[[ Can anybody help me how to make it right ?

Sigma-LS said:
Stig doesn't like the T51b? Blasphamy!

Hahah, Dont get me wrong, Its damn powerful. But the look of it is so Oversized and Abnormal.
The helmet is Tall beyond words, Not to mention the visor looks silly.
The body armor is nothing more than a Metal American football kit, With a few other pieces.

If we are talking In-Game here, Well I don't like it because its simply unfixable.
The only thing to repair it is Medic Prototype armor. Which is way too awesome to use for spare parts.
I keep both of them as "Antiques" in game, would never wear them outside my home.

And as I said, if we are just talking looks here, Well the Helmet is a simple pathetic light aluminium color.
Then you have this Football padding that's practically bright green.
You have a ridiculously detailed helmet, And a smooth plain body.
Its like the whole two pieces have been made from different armors completely.

I'm a fan of the Outcast armor. The look of the BHoS Armor is good, But I hate being plain old grey.
Not to mention Black and red is my favourite Combination of colors.
In game, I actually prefer the Ranger Combat armor, Its only 1 point under standard power armor.
Plus its lighter, looks good, ISN'T power armor. Meaning you can sneak MUCH easier.

Overall I've never liked The T-51b looks. Even though It's the most powerful armor in the game.
I would either make a BHoS Outcast suit, Or the Armored Vault 101 suit, Along with my dog aswell.

Now if you gentlemen don't mind, I have a date tomorrow. So I gotta get some sleep.

Stig out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esy The way to fix the inversion is when you first open the model, there should be an object view option in the 3D window that lets you fix it. However, after you've done this much unfolding though I would just change the mountain and valley fold line symbols so it will come together in a mirrored version. That would put the target sight on the right side like the old Fallout games had it. .And you probably want to change the faces to white when you print to save ink.

What assembled height did you use? I was thinking 28-30 cm for mine because the jaw hangs so low.

Stig- The reason we love the T51-B is it is the original Fallout armor that the Brotherhood wore in 1 and 2. That green color is weird though and only in Fallout 3. The new DLC should have the old colors fixed the way they should be in the Alaska invasion.

OW Soz i dont play fallout. I tought there only was one suit.
Then i have the model of the newest version i think.

Sigma-LS said:
Esy The way to fix the inversion is when you first open the model, there should be an object view option in the 3D window that lets you fix it. However, after you've done this much unfolding though I would just change the mountain and valley fold line symbols so it will come together in a mirrored version. That would put the target sight on the right side like the old Fallout games had it. .And you probably want to change the faces to white when you print to save ink.

What assembled height did you use? I was thinking 28-30 cm for mine because the jaw hangs so low.
Stig- The reason we love the T51-B is it is the original Fallout armor that the Brotherhood wore in 1 and 2. That green color is weird though and only in Fallout 3. The new DLC should have the old colors fixed the way they should be in the Alaska invasion.

I make iot 28cm height in asambled type..

Yes its a best waychange style of lines. I have experience for other unfolding, this is first I ever made. ;]]
In fallout 3 is great change mod for brotherhood what change all brotherhood armor to clasic t51-b look :]
BTW.: sight can be managed nin both ways. its symetrical.. only wire need to be remaked..

btw.: mthere is no way to change symetry and invert faces ?:eek:

EDIT.: but I must take it logicaly :D and to ppl must tell i make this because i wanna clen model without lines :D !:D

I do recall seeing pictures on the official site of the Alaska DLC content. Along with the all white/grey T51-b.
Never played Fallout 1 or 2 so that would explain my dislike for the armor. Fallout 1 and 2 worth getting? And does it have relevance to Fallout 3 much?

The Stig said:
I do recall seeing pictures on the official site of the Alaska DLC content. Along with the all white/grey T51-b.
Never played Fallout 1 or 2 so that would explain my dislike for the armor. Fallout 1 and 2 worth getting? And does it have relevance to Fallout 3 much?

Fallout 1 and 2 Is the best game I ever played :]] its realy great RPG with too much sidequests and lovely grahic style. In Fallou 1 & 2 is realy great turn based combat.. and its realy hard and need tactic :]

Sigma-LS said:
Stig doesn't like the T51b? Blasphamy!

Esy, that unfold is looking good. I had someone (*cough 1ManBattalion) generously donate their time to my simplified model too so people should have a good 2 to choose from.

Wise guy Har! lol :D

Mate, I would have done it, but the file is corrupted and won't open in Pepakura :mad: . Can you send that again? I'm sitting at work with nothing to do :whistle: ......what a contradiction!

1ManBattalion said:
Wise guy Har! lol :D

Mate, I would have done it, but the file is corrupted and won't open in Pepakura :mad: . Can you send that again? I'm sitting at work with nothing to do :whistle: ......what a contradiction!

:DD in what format he send it to you?:p

then I amde it first.. maybe after finishing this I can make realy low detail without tube for molders :D

Esy said:
:DD in what format he send it to you?:p

then I amde it first.. maybe after finishing this I can make realy low detail without tube for molders :D

You did! ....only just! Next time Gadget! Next time!

It was a .PDO but not sure what the problem was. he'll resend the files later. It was crashing Pepakura on both our computers. We'll sort it out eventually :)

Esy, you have the rangefinder on the wrong side of the head.
Who made thet armor for the vid Sigma posted?Anyone have better pics??
I've been also thinking, that normal football gear a little painted/reshaped would look quite much like the T-51b.
And, in F1&2, T-51b was a part green(Greaves, shoulders, chest,hands)

JustMe
(I WANT FALLOUT 2 ENCLAVE ADVANCED POWER ARMOR PEPAKURA!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Jan 3 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Esy, you have the rangefinder on the wrong side of the head.
Who made thet armor for the vid Sigma posted?Anyone have better pics??
I've been also thinking, that normal football gear a little painted/reshaped would look quite much like the T-51b.
And, in F1&2, T-51b was a part green(Greaves, shoulders, chest,hands)

JustMe
(I WANT FALLOUT 2 ENCLAVE ADVANCED POWER ARMOR PEPAKURA!)</div>
i know because i fit bad the helmet in begining, but its not fixed part you can choose side :D
and i dont realy unfold the helm already :D maybe in future

Progres...

right shoulder unfolded :]]
shoulderam8.jpg

Just thought I'd warn folks that scaling the T51-b helm is like scaling a hayabusa. It needs to be much bigger for a standard fit (the jaw has to go halfway down your neck after all :lol:). 28 cm wasn't even close to fit for me and I can fit my head in a 25cm MkVI MC helm.

Sigma-LS said:
Just thought I'd warn folks that scaling the T51-b helm is like scaling a hayabusa. It needs to be much bigger for a standard fit (the jaw has to go halfway down your neck after all :lol:). 28 cm wasn't even close to fit for me and I can fit my head in a 25cm MkVI MC helm.

but in my helmet is little changes because the tubes go down under the line of helmet :]

t51belmetfinishedunfoldqn0.jpg

now is over:D
I sended to my beta tester to complete and after succesful finish it will been released ;]

Esy said:
now is over:D
I sended to my beta tester to complete and after succesful finish it will been released ;]

nice work, good to see some work being done on this,
one question tho....wouldnt it be easier to simply edit the hoses/piping off, and use actual rubber hoses and such on a finished helmet?
would look to me like it would save some cardstock and folding

i was just gunna use a vacuum hose for the wee little pipes on the sides. also thsi helmet looks pretty hard on some pages then extrememly easy on others

great model btw.

pablofiasco said:
nice work, good to see some work being done on this,
one question tho....wouldnt it be easier to simply edit the hoses/piping off, and use actual rubber hoses and such on a finished helmet?
would look to me like it would save some cardstock and folding

yes its optional :] when you look the tubes are maked from one piece and the star of vents etc.. was different :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back