Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam said:
You're just goofed up because there is no windshield, black stripe or gunner... lemme help you.

f33ab9a8af.jpg
Hahaha! Yeahhh now thats much better! this is gona look sweet as when it's done !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I hope mine turns out looking at least that good.

(Peter)
( I am still working on those plans i told you about in PM. When i have the measurements drawn out i will PM them to you. I will be welding up that "other" frame my first week home so i will take pictures of it and send it to you first before i post anything so you can see if you are going to make one or not.)

Awesome - I look forward to seeing your work on that. Be interesting to see what you come up with ;)

Thanks for all the supportive words guys. Means a lot to us all! :D

Do you mean the text below the logo near the cockpit? I think that's just the craft number. Like E-419 from halo 1.

Its one of the stencil fonts

this font is developed by the army to paint things fast. They have paterns for it. As you can see every floating object like the middle circle in the O is connected to the patern. Handy and fast to paint.

ArstonStencil.gif

Thanks - I had figured it was stencilling. I was just hoping someone would have a link to that specific font type - while the one you have linked is close, it isn't exact (see the M, A and E).

How easy would it be to generate that font type from scratch, you reckon?

Peter Cooper said:
Thanks - I had figured it was stencilling. I was just hoping someone would have a link to that specific font type - while the one you have linked is close, it isn't exact (see the M, A and E).

My sign writing powers are sensing no to hard.
Just a quick redraw on illustrator and you could have all the wording off the warthog and put into a vector file.Then you could take it into you local sign shop and get it professionally done. Dammit why did my forefathers migrate too New Zealand? I'd be keen++ to help any way I could.

If I could get my illustrator working I could redraw all the graphics. I'll get back to you.

Better yet fly me over. I got a Brit passport. and I'll work in a sign shop and do you some home jobs hahaha.

mawrTRON said:
My sign writing powers are sensing no to hard.
Just a quick redraw on illustrator and you could have all the wording off the warthog and put into a vector file.Then you could take it into you local sign shop and get it professionally done.
Yeah, this is a really simple font. A couple of closeups of the actual lettering, a quick trip through a vector program, and you're done.

Dammit why did my forefathers migrate too New Zealand?
...you're complaining?

Unique Name said:
Yeah, this is a really simple font. A couple of closeups of the actual lettering, a quick trip through a vector program, and you're done.
...you're complaining?

Only because I want to be a part of the movie :S. Otherwise New Zealand kick ass.

I'll need to get into Halo 3 and get some close-ups done I think. :D

Thanks for the offer of help. At some stage I'll need to get all of the signage for "Firebase Kilo" done. Eek!

Peter Cooper said:

I believe it is this easy! Simply go to this site. Click Here!!!

What your looking for is a standard military stencil like the kind Dave "Ithica" used to paint that old ammo can he had in one of his posts. Also there are many types of stencils used for different items, just go through all of them and see what works best. The information has been posted and I hope this helps. (y)

As I said previously, the standard stencil is not the same as the UNSC stenciling seen on the Pelican - close but still different.

I'll report back with screencaps! A standard UNSC stencil font for the 405th would no doubt go down well. :D

I have PM'd you some more info and here is what I found. Tell me if it's close if not it can be tweaked a lil bit in Photoshop to make the stencils.

[attachment=9394:The_Ark_Pelican.jpg]

ContractKiller said:
I have PM'd you some more info and here is what I found. Tell me if it's close if not it can be tweaked a lil bit in Photoshop to make the stencils.

[attachment=9394:The_Ark_Pelican.jpg]

Yeah man the letters seem pretty close, just adjust the letter spacing and the heights of the letters.
Wouldn't it be easier to tweak them in illustrator? I suppose it depends how your making the stencils.

If your gunna get the stencils cut in stencil vinyl you'd want to use illustrator.

If you were gunna cut them out of cardboard and savage it on you'd use, well anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back