Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely Amazing! And I love the fact that it's made with all the various Marine helmets in mind. Like Jedistumpy mentioned, I think the sizing looks perfect. Loving the smooth and sharp lines and details.

Keep up the great work! :)

Hi guys.

Im Ed by the way working for Pete as one of his props guys. I am a sculptor/modelmaker in the industry. I currently am in and out of studios/workshops working on various other projects. I havent posted on here before as I had nothing to show till now.

When we have the helmet moulded I will be working on it some more and making all the add-ons. once I finish the helmet I will be making our spartan suit and any extra bits we may need for the rest of the marine suits.

At some point we will be looking into Grunts and Brutes but we are still in the 'problem solving' stages.

(sorry the photos are out of focus it was late and the light was bad. There will be more detail shots as I finish making the peices.)

Thank you for the support.

Cheese. :D

Very well done im looking forward to this. By the way is that Warthog able to drive on the streets? if so you could change you plate to "my other vehicle is a Honda" for example and that would be cool. let see if you can drive it to work to downtown :lol

dude that helmet is awsome. please let us know when your doing the casting calls coz ill be down there like a rocket!

Peter Cooper said:
DSC00476.jpg

That is AMAZING! I LOVE IT keep up the awesome work

Last edited by a moderator:
That marine helmet looks immense! Liking the detail of it.

Can't wait to get some pictures of our odst's with your marines next may :)

Hey Pete are you guys also going to make a sequel?

Cause if you do I might have my Assault Rifle( MA5B/MA5C ), and Assault Carbine( MA5K ) molds done and a few casts made by then.

Tyvern said:
Hey Pete are you guys also going to make a sequel?

Cause if you do I might have my Assault Rifle( MA5B/MA5C ), and Assault Carbine( MA5K ) molds done and a few casts made by then.

read the previous posts. hes said there wont be a sequel

Uhm ok so I have a question.

When do you guys expect full production models of the hog to be avalible for sale?

Just kidding, but seriously awesome work. I remember seeing it way back when and it was just a frame.

I am hoping your funding and donatiokns are working out. Obviously no one who could make a film is actually doing anything about it. It is truely sad since there is som much history and paralels you could go in, it could be a series really. Tv or otherwise. You would think it would help bolster the popularity of the Halo franchise, and promote the Xbox which is having a tuff time of it against the PS3. honestly I was hoping the XBox would move to a BlueRay DVD so we could all benifit as Sony clearly won the war on the DVD side.

All of the props I have seen so far rock! It is motivating me to get off my lazy butt and get going on my armor which I havn't started yet. Sad I know..

wow, ok, so i'm pretty new here, and the more i read into all these projects, the more i wish i had found this website earlier. I'd offer to help out in any way I can, but considering my location and lack of any experience beyond pepping, I doubt you'd need any from me, lol. I just read this entire thread in 3 hours, and all I can say is that if you ever do decide to make a prequel, I hope I have enough expertise by then to be of some assistance. Good luck with the movie, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread. You, Peter, are an artist.

Thanks for the messages guys - I would have posted sooner but I've been on a well earned vacation (mostly spent playing Modern Warfare 2, I might add).

Got some great developments in the pipeline that I cannot wait to reveal if they come off - looks like OC is plodding along at a great pace. :)

WOW! :eek that Warthog looks AMAZING! It looks perfect! Congrats on such an awesome job!

My friends and I down in Melbourne (Australia) are hoping to make one for a convention August next year. We're only just getting started, but if it turns out close to what yours is, I will be SO happy, because yours is AWESOME!

hey, reading back and regarding your problem with the grunts, i don't know if you have found a solution or not yet, but I thought about this. It's called forced perspective, and was used heavily in the Lord of the Rings trilogy in regards to the hobbits and other characters. there are some pretty good videos about it out there, here's two (both regarding lotr, lol):

As far as forced perspective goes, it really shouldn't be necessary. We've already had 4 willing participants who are 5' tall, so that should settle us if we assume we get even more in the near future.

As far as rough guesstimates, I've stopped worrying about giving deadlines and so on. It'll be done when it's done, but we hope to have something near a complete cut of the film by end of 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back