Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tutorial needs a topic of its own.

There is barely enough room for all the awesomeness in this topic :)

I was "wow"ing all the way through that tutorial - and yes, it sure does need a stickied thread of its own.

Peter, could you pm me with the suppliers Master Cheese bought his polyurathane from please :) greatly appreciated.

I'm getting even more excited to seeing you guys in london again.

sierra092 said:
I was "wow"ing all the way through that tutorial - and yes, it sure does need a stickied thread of its own.

Peter, could you pm me with the suppliers Master Cheese bought his polyurathane from please :) greatly appreciated.

I'm getting even more excited to seeing you guys in london again.

The Gelcoat, Resin, Choppedstrand matting, Finishing tissue, Silicone, Plastic shim and ceramic keys were all bought from W. P. Notcutts. They also sell Polyurathanes in various foams, rubbers and hard forms, however no Polyurathanes were used in making the helmet.

Another company to try is CFS they are also very good and sell pre pigmented resins as well which are handy if you want a basecoat right away.

A small note to you all. When one says the more common term 'fibreglassing' in the industry it is the process of wetting choppedstrand matt (fine fibers made of glass) with Polyester resin and applying it to your prepared surface. The combination of resin and choppedstrand matt is also known as Glass-Reinforced Plastic(GRP) or Glass Fiber Komposit(GRK). The composited material is commonly referred to by the name of its reinforcing fibers hence 'fibreglass'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schaeden said:
Wow I have a feeling this movie is going to be amazing.... especially with all the attention to detail! :)

It's going to be a Rick Roll

Nah, just kidding. But it really is going to be amazing, I can tell.

i don't know if you're interested, but my guitar teacher makes soundtracks for musicals and fanfilms and amature movies,so i thought i'd let him hear under cover of the night, he liked it, and remade it, he is currently still making it... but lets cut to the chase, if you want a halo song remade in a way that it will fit into the fanfilm, just say so and my guitar teacher will be happy to use his proffesional music composing program to add a little spice to the halo music.

at your service, HaloReplicas

Thanks, but we actually already have a pro composer on board who is doing some incredible stuff. We can't release samples yet, but if we decide to release any, naturally you guys will be the first to know. :)

In other news, the Warthog Blog has finally been updated! Check it out! http://operationchastity.com/warthog

Aw dude I just love this whole thing and I thought it was quite the freak accident running into you in modern warfare 2! Everyone I know loves this build and we all wish we could make one here in the states.

Peter Cooper said:
Thanks, but we actually already have a pro composer on board who is doing some incredible stuff. We can't release samples yet, but if we decide to release any, naturally you guys will be the first to know. :)

In other news, the Warthog Blog has finally been updated! Check it out! http://operationchastity.com/warthog

i'd like to hear a sample indeed, when its done, and if you decide to release any ofcourse.

haloreplicas

Have you looked at selling shirts and stuff via a drop-ship company like Cafe Press? You could raise funds this way as well. Or maybe email the owners of www.kickstarter.com to get an invite. I know there are issues with over seas accounts right now but maybe you could get on as one of the first UK users.

chwbcc said:
Have you looked at selling shirts and stuff via a drop-ship company like Cafe Press? You could raise funds this way as well. Or maybe email the owners of www.kickstarter.com to get an invite. I know there are issues with over seas accounts right now but maybe you could get on as one of the first UK users.

Drop-ship companies only generate a limited amount of revenue and after discussions we were considering avoiding sites such as Kickstarter because of the 5% charge they take (though we simply couldn't sign up with kickstarter, after talking about it with them). We're going to talk fundraising opportunities some time early on in the new year, I think, to see if there are other routes we can go down.

Thanks for the continued support guys - hope we can keep the momentum running into 2010! :)

Along with the Pete Mander and the 405th itself, we have been nominated for an award over at Hawty McBloggy in the category of Best Fan-Made Contribution! Vote for us over here, or alternatively, vote for any of the other amazing contributions! :)

And make sure to vote for the 405th while you're there!

It's going to be you or peter manders elite because how often can someone make a full sized warthog with their own cash, or an 8ft tall elite. I voted :p

Peter Cooper said:
As a little taster, here's a shot of our assembled prototype Marine armour rig. Desert DPM looks the business. Also, Ed will be doing a photo tutorial on the helmet in the thread, so something to look forward to! :)

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

epic-win.jpg

Amazing tutorial, this has helped a lot! i'll be using this technique on future projects for sure! I also agree, make it into it's own thread! it's a need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back