Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh ooh ooh can I voice act for a brute and marine. I do those impressions very well.

PS: if you look to the left you'll see I live in germany, I'll be here till june. so if filming starts by then I might audition. I can still do brute AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!! (internet brute impression :) )

TECKNO VIKING said:
I`ll be a BRUTE if your looking for the Big lads to play :D

Jason

Sorry mate - we're only taking people experienced in creature costume work on for the Brutes. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need the guys from Rooster Teeth... lol!

Hell no! I doubt Peter Cooper and his team will be wasting all of this precious time and money on a silly comedy. You leave the comedy work to the forge mode.

I hope it's a serious movie with a tiny bit a humor. Becuase seriously, who want's to crack a joke just before they get their heads blown off by a beam rifle.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Hell no! I doubt Peter Cooper and his team will be wasting all of this precious time and money on a silly comedy. You leave the comedy work to the forge mode.

I hope it's a serious movie with a tiny bit a humor. Becuase seriously, who want's to crack a joke just before they get their heads blown off by a beam rifle.

-Pony

HOO-RAH!

True, but they do good voice acting.. Agreed. serious is best. But usually, you do have a guy with a sense of humor... mixes it up a little.

I believe, like in most serious war/action based movies, humor is only used between the soldiers when they are joking around. This is normally never in the middle of a firefight, but there is always that one cocky guy who says some smartass remark just before his death.

Being a soldier also means you are apart of a brotherhood, and every soldier gets along at one time or another. Weather it be since basic training, or just before their unavoidable deaths. You will always see (in a good movie, anyhow) a certian amount of acceptance between soldiers. Even if they do not agree with eachother, brotherhood finds them in the end. I hope we get to see this "bonding" in the fan film. Not every soldier is as emotionless and serious as Bruce Willis' portrail of Lieutenant A.K. Waters in "Tears of the Sun". Heck, even Rambo had his emotional conflict in the newest "Rambo" movie. I hope we get to see this too in the film.

As long as the combat is realistic, the soldiers movements are as close as possible to soldiers of today (or in the future-I'm sure their movements/tactics will not have changed much), and the combat is believeable (PLEASE no "one squad takes out 30 brutes without any casualties, and without the use of larger, more deadly weapons" crap) I will be happy.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I believe, like in most serious war/action based movies, humor is only used between the soldiers when they are joking around. This is normally never in the middle of a firefight, but there is always that one cocky guy who says some smartass remark just before his death.

Being a soldier also means you are apart of a brotherhood, and every soldier gets along at one time or another. Weather it be since basic training, or just before their unavoidable deaths. You will always see (in a good movie, anyhow) a certian amount of acceptance between soldiers. Even if they do not agree with eachother, brotherhood finds them in the end. I hope we get to see this "bonding" in the fan film. Not every soldier is as emotionless and serious as Bruce Willis' portrail of Lieutenant A.K. Waters in "Tears of the Sun". Heck, even Rambo had his emotional conflict in the newest "Rambo" movie. I hope we get to see this too in the film.

As long as the combat is realistic, the soldiers movements are as close as possible to soldiers of today (or in the future-I'm sure their movements/tactics will not have changed much), and the combat is believeable (PLEASE no "one squad takes out 30 brutes without any casualties, and without the use of larger, more deadly weapons" crap) I will be happy.

Well, with any luck, you'll be pleased on all accounts.

Guys, please bear in mind that this is live action - voice work will only be needed for radio communications and off screen roles, which will be few and far between.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

That's not always true. I remember from the book Black Hawk Down, when Delta and the Rangers were trying to find the Super Six One crash site, they were caught between cover and one of their guys went down, (and I quote from the book):

"When a barrage of bullets slammed into a wall directly over his head, Watson turned to his men with his eyes open comically wide. 'Oh, this sucks!' he said, in a way that made others smile. His attitude was we're-in-the-s***-now-but-what-the-f***!"

I think some of that grim combat sense of humor would be useful in OC IMHO.

Sangheili811 said:
That's not always true. I remember from the book Black Hawk Down, when Delta and the Rangers were trying to find the Super Six One crash site, they were caught between cover and one of their guys went down, (and I quote from the book):

"When a barrage of bullets slammed into a wall directly over his head, Watson turned to his men with his eyes open comically wide. 'Oh, this sucks!' he said, in a way that made others smile. His attitude was we're-in-the-s***-now-but-what-the-f***!"

I think some of that grim combat sense of humor would be useful in OC IMHO.

I agree, that is the kind of humor that I would believe is welcome into a film like this.

Such humour is present. There's one line, much in that vein, that has been repeatedly picked out by script readers as being particularly on-key for that.

what about saving private Ryan humor scene. like the one were the guy is hit but his helmet deflected it, then he took it off and rubbed his head and BOOM he gets shot in the head

rvb18 said:
what about saving private Ryan humor scene. like the one were the guy is hit but his helmet deflected it, then he took it off and rubbed his head and BOOM he gets shot in the head

LMAO, love that scene, or also when they are taking back the town, and two of the guys are just eating apples from the cart until a few stray shots almost hit them.

iSUPERNOOB said:
LMAO, love that scene, or also when they are taking back the town, and two of the guys are just eating apples from the cart until a few stray shots almost hit them.

They were potatos...

But, I do not find that humerious at all (the D-day scene). I find Saving Private Ryan to have one of the most accurate D-Day scenes out of every World War 2 film. Other then real footage of D-day ofcoarse. But, When I see that scene, I never laugh. I don't even think of it as humor. I think of it as seeing another soldier on the beach being taken out. I find it more of a tribute to those men who lost their lives 60-some years ago. Nobody knows the horror they went through as well as they do, and its sad to know that. They fought unbelieveably hard for our freedom, but none of us know what freedom is unless we have been stripped of it (semi-quoting a dutch man from a book about Operation Market Garden).

Humor is good in moderation, but don't do anything rediculious that you want us to be taken as humor. Remember, the characters are ment to be real people, and their deaths are to be taken seriously by their fellow soldiers. Nobody I know of laughs at a person being blown up by a mine, even if they say a funny remark before hand.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
They were potatos...

Potatoes, apples, doesn't really take away from the humor though. I was just trying to give another example of a humorous battle moment. However, I full on agree about taking death seriously. War is not pretty, or funny, and should not be portrayed so, however, Saving Private Ryan is in my opinion a beautiful film that displays how soldiers, despite whatever hell they may be going through, tend to have the capacity to dig down inside of them and find whatever irony or humor may exist in their situation, which makes it that much more bearable to them. If Operation Chastity can produce similar emotions, it will be an amazing piece of amateur film-making. So I argue that yes, humor should be allowed, but if it exists, it should not be what people remember, if that makes any sense at all, lol. I can't wait to see how it turns out though!

Peter Cooper said:
The film is going on within the UK. We will be taking submissions for actors from overseas but those submissions will have to be exceptional to be flown over. For extra work we would welcome anyone from anywhere, but we would be unwilling to pay travel costs from the USA. Voice work may be available, however.

Actually I have voice acting experiance, so how you would need me to submit the voice work is all up to you. It's good here for me. Hook me up with a need Brute part and I'll kick some marine ass.

*Takes bite from a cross bread tater/ apple(potpple)*

I hope your filming venture works out It would be cool to finally see a live action halo movie lord knows I've waited long enough to see one. And the "We Are ODST" trailer just rubbed in the pain of not having one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back