Fear of the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ragin Pagan

So, does anyone have any superstitions? I do. I started this thread because I have an aversion towards the number "666", which is what my post count was. Inevitable, but eerie to see.

I remember when i was bout 9yrs old and i tried to face my fear of the dark (with was about 50% of the time i didnt like the dark) Anyway i tried to face my fears in the dark and i fell out of my window trying to find my bed in dark.
I also have a strage feeling when i see "666." It somehow reminds me of 999 and 969 or 696, It confuses me sometimes in maths in quizes or something. plus..... FIRST POST! (WELL MAYBY SECCOND)

Anyway my own superstition i often see strange things on the dark like when i was little i used to see a giant octopuss hideing around the corner of my room, Or lurking in my bedroom. I know see fruit flying arround the room in thje dark (the outline)
Its a strange thing but still funny realy..... Well mu sis and mum think so anyway.

Suck it up.
If you let fear govern your life for the rest of your existence you are basically not living your life to it's fullest potential.
There is no reason to be afraid of the dark. Just beacuase you can't see whats there does not mean you should fear it.
Superstition is just another stress in your life that you would benefit greatly without.

I used to be afraid of the dark... especially when my imagination was so f*cked up. I would seriously imagine some crazy sh!t just sitting there staring at me in the night, like the silhouette of a bony of lady with straw like hair that cast the most screwed up shadow, or even just a random little girl sitting outside of my bedroom window trying to look through to find me...

I'm fine now though, I learned to deal with my fears mainly when I turned 16, I joined the Canadian Army reserve, we were doing wargames, we had a 48 hour wargame and I was stationed in this (to me at the time) blair witch forest. I faced my fear and had fun.

chiefer said:

hu my fears in the dark were movie monsters when i was younger and the one that creeps me out the most is the evil tooth fairy from Darkness falss...I hated that movie and also sleepy hollow because the little boy who gets his head chopped off looks exactly like me at the time :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had any fears of the dark.
I also don't believe in superstitions, legends or any mystical crap like horoscopes or planet alignment.

Well, I don't have any fears along the line of being afraid of the dark or anything like that. I am however weary of the number 666. It is an evil number, and I'm not superstitious. The sign of the beast is something I never want to be associated with.

The only ghost story that ever freaked me out when I was a kid was the Windigo.

As far as superstitions go, I guess the only thing I do is not pick up a penny if it's face down. Not for bad luck but because someone else probably needs it more.

Arthraxis said:
or even just a random little girl sitting outside of my bedroom window trying to look through to find me...

That reminded me of an old creepy poem my grandad used to tell.

I stroll in the night down a shadowy lane.

Lit by the light of the moon that wanes.

My path overhung by knarled old trees.

Their leaves softly stir in the midnight breeze.

In the dark of the trees I see a light.

Pale and ghastly in my fading sight.

There sits a small girl upon the branch.

With black hair and eyes that make me blanch.

She smiles at me with terrible intent.

I know I cannot escape this event.

I ask “What are you?” and then she replies.

With the same terrible intent in her eyes.

I am a lost soul just like your own.

My home is the dark that you have known.

In your closet and under your bed.

Beneath the stairs and inside of your head.

She smiles at me and I shiver in dread.

She comes not as death but as fear instead.

The fears that I could not ever escape.

Though I sailed around horn and cape.

She knows what I ask “Why are your here?”

She smiles again. “Let me tell you my dear.”

I want what all want no more no less.

To not be alone in my own dark abyss.

She reached out with the wind and pulled me in.

Never was I to be seen again.

yah i used to be scared of the dark. I'm really scared of huge dogs. and cheifer, that is a really freaky picture!!

I'm generally not afraid of the dark unless I start thinking creepy thoughts. Stupid active imagination. Damnit, Fragclone et al, now I'm going to be in bed at night and I'm going to have to pee and then I'm going be all, "Man, I gotta get up!" but I'll hold it in because I'm making up demons in my head!

On a semi-related note- anybody else use to love the series Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? The author was Alvin Schwartz but the stories themselves weren't scary or original- any folklore lover has probably heard them all already. What really made it scary were the pictures by illustrator Stephen Gammell. I think part of the reason I have such vivid images of demons in my mind is because those books scarred me when I was a child. Here's an example: I'm a link lol

SH_Jack said:
I'm generally not afraid of the dark unless I start thinking creepy thoughts. Stupid active imagination. Damnit, Fragclone et al, now I'm going to be in bed at night and I'm going to have to pee and then I'm going be all, "Man, I gotta get up!" but I'll hold it in because I'm making up demons in my head!

On a semi-related note- anybody else use to love the series Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? The author was Alvin Schwartz but the stories themselves weren't scary or original- any folklore lover has probably heard them all already. What really made it scary were the pictures by illustrator Stephen Gammell. I think part of the reason I have such vivid images of demons in my mind is because those books scarred me when I was a child. Here's an example: I'm a link lol

Yup yup yup, those books scared the crap out of me. I started reading them when I was fairly young, I've never read most of those stories before that, but the way they describe some of them, and the illustrations scared the crap out of me. My favorites were the Boo Men, that dog thing up the stairs, and the scare crow who killed a guy and skinned him. That was badass.

Oh yeah the scarecrow, Harold, was a good story. I avoided look up at roofs for a while after reading that. The one about the Wendigo really spooked me; you hear it calling your name and then when you go out it snatches you and drags you on the ground as your feet (and eventually whole body) burns. Didn't help at all that I live near the water so the wind's always blowing in my ear.

I guess another thing that bugs me is being alone. It's not really that I'm afraid of it, I just absolutely loath it.

And Fear of the Dark is an AWESOME album!

fears are what make the world revolve. Without fear there would be anarchy and chaos from people doing whatever they wanted, when ever they wanted to. And btw that poem is awsome.

Spartan-419 said:
I guess another thing that bugs me is being alone. It's not really that I'm afraid of it, I just absolutely loath it.
And Fear of the Dark is an AWESOME album!

Heh, I'm the opposite, I'm actually more comfortable alone in the dark, than with other people normally, I just don't like people.

I used to be afraid of the dark but im only ten so that wasnt a while ago :p also i pulled a prank while my cousin was walking slowly in the dark:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back