Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Palmer) Build [+ more]

Just found this thread 10 minutes ago (should've checked the "new recruits" section earlier *g*) and only had a quick look on some of the fotos, but what I already can say: man, the amount of detail on your suit is just - crazy. amazing work! need to read the whole thread soon and can't wait to see the whole suit finished.

Lol, earlier today you posted something, and I was reminded that a couple of weeks ago I asked you about doing a paint tutorial! Awesome work as usual! Can't wait to see what else you got in store for us!

Aye, I didn't forget. ;) I'll do it, probably this weekend, I hope.

I was going to paint some pieces of armor so I guess I'll wait for you to tell me then to do it lol.

Cool ^^

Just found this thread 10 minutes ago (should've checked the "new recruits" section earlier *g*) and only had a quick look on some of the fotos, but what I already can say: man, the amount of detail on your suit is just - crazy. amazing work! need to read the whole thread soon and can't wait to see the whole suit finished.

Wow, thank you very much. :D I'm doing my best here, haha. ^^

Looks good! :)

Thanks. ;)

Awwwww yeah. Hadn't checked this thread in a while, and I return to be quite impressed! This is going to be amazing when it's complete! (Not that it isn't already, but I just can't wait to see the final product! Oh, and the teased paint Tut too!)

Awwwww yeah. Hadn't checked this thread in a while, and I return to be quite impressed! This is going to be amazing when it's complete! (Not that it isn't already, but I just can't wait to see the final product! Oh, and the teased paint Tut too!)

Wow, thank you very much. :D I hope it'll be good when finished. So much more to do... X_X

I'm envious of you people who have nice weather year round. I'm constantly waiting for the weather to get nice here so I can paint outside. :/

I don't have nice weather... :/
Today was a sunny day and it was top 10 Celsius (50 Fahrenheit), now it's 2C (35F). These days top temperature differs between 2-10C (35-50F), but the cold days have passed. The coldest temperature was -20C (-4F), but back then mostly it was between 0 - -10 (30-14F).
This is why I've mostly been using rondo as it cured best, no matter the temperature where resin didn't want to cure and still often remained sticky. Right now I'm almost done hardening my pieces - I'm almost finished with hardening the chest piece, I'm resining the lower chest piece and left shoulder - only thigh pieces remain to harden.
So at this point, where I'm mostly done with hardening - I don't really care what weather it is. xD
But seriously - I've been doing it all winter outdoors or in the basement - in the basement there is no heating, so it was just a LITTLE warmer than outside. My hands, feet, were freezing as I had just my socks and hoodie, but I was working the whole time. :D
I'm just happy if it'll be warmer or sunny at last, because it'll be more enjoyable to work and sand the pieces outside. o.o

I know how you feel.......1st day of spring........and it snows!!!!! Can't wait for the warmer weather.......need to move to Florida.

Wow, thank you very much. :D I hope it'll be good when finished. So much more to do... X_X

I don't have nice weather... :/
Today was a sunny day and it was top 10 Celsius (50 Fahrenheit), now it's 2C (35F). These days top temperature differs between 2-10C (35-50F), but the cold days have passed. The coldest temperature was -20C (-4F), but back then mostly it was between 0 - -10 (30-14F).
This is why I've mostly been using rondo as it cured best, no matter the temperature where resin didn't want to cure and still often remained sticky. Right now I'm almost done hardening my pieces - I'm almost finished with hardening the chest piece, I'm resining the lower chest piece and left shoulder - only thigh pieces remain to harden.
So at this point, where I'm mostly done with hardening - I don't really care what weather it is. xD
But seriously - I've been doing it all winter outdoors or in the basement - in the basement there is no heating, so it was just a LITTLE warmer than outside. My hands, feet, were freezing as I had just my socks and hoodie, but I was working the whole time. :D
I'm just happy if it'll be warmer or sunny at last, because it'll be more enjoyable to work and sand the pieces outside. o.o

I would gladly take 50 degrees F ! I made a Final Fantasy sword earlier this year and it was so cold out that when I was painting pieces it kind of freeze dried them instantly. x.x

It's been mostly rainy but todayis clear and ind of warm so I'm going to take photos of my Sniper Rifle that I finished a week ago. :D

I know how you feel.......1st day of spring........and it snows!!!!! Can't wait for the warmer weather.......need to move to Florida.

Hahah, it was raining here. :D
But, today wasn't that bad, it was about 6 Celsius, but it was kinda nice as I had a lot of walking today.

I would gladly take 50 degrees F ! I made a Final Fantasy sword earlier this year and it was so cold out that when I was painting pieces it kind of freeze dried them instantly. x.x

It's been mostly rainy but todayis clear and ind of warm so I'm going to take photos of my Sniper Rifle that I finished a week ago. :D

I'm very happy it's getting warmer! I'll take that, I actually really like colder weather, when it's summer I'm literally melting. :/
I'm kinda scared when I think about Gamescom. Last year summer was really bad, it was over 104 Fahrenheit (over 40 Celsius) and I was dying. I dislike summer and any hot weather.
I could live in northern lands where it's bit cooler.

DAMN!?!?!?!!!! You finished a Sniper Rifle and you didn't say anything>?!?! WHYYY ;_; Yes, yes, precious, make us photos. Show us! Show us the precious!

But you commented on my thread for the Sniper Rifle. xD

I prefer it to be hot because I feel more motivated to work in the warm weather. I get to paint things as soon as they're ready!

Also,
I'd forget - I've uploaded the file/template I drew for the spinal parts of the undersuit to the File Archive.
Some people asked about it, so I uploaded on my facebook page and here in Archive.

It's scaled for me 5'2", so you should probably scale it bigger or use it like that, especially the second, smaller version. The first messier version is bigger, so it should fit taller people. Without the biggest piece it was ok for me.

spine1.jpg spine2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

But you commented on my thread for the Sniper Rifle. xD

I prefer it to be hot because I feel more motivated to work in the warm weather. I get to paint things as soon as they're ready!

I commented when you were doing it! o.o
I'm so sorry - I have a memory of a dog - I forget pretty much everything. ;_;

Damn, I just seen the update! It looks awesome!

Ive asked this quite a bit, but since i found your main thread id like to ask here. On the archive theres only palmer's armour variation except helmet and few minor parts. Is there a male chest piece? I know the shape is a little different, i like the scout helmet quite a lot, should i just use the pepakura file of palmers and roll with it? ive started making one shoe, not late to turn to a different armor type if needed.

The only difference i see is at the cod piece, Male ones dont stand out (like its under the undersuit) where as palmers continues from the lower gut piece. Yet ive found another source, where the chest piece lowers to where the cod piece is. Im not too sure which model to follow. Also great work with your build, makes me inspired to make mine.

Ive asked this quite a bit, but since i found your main thread id like to ask here. On the archive theres only palmer's armour variation except helmet and few minor parts. Is there a male chest piece? I know the shape is a little different, i like the scout helmet quite a lot, should i just use the pepakura file of palmers and roll with it? ive started making one shoe, not late to turn to a different armor type if needed.

The only difference i see is at the cod piece, Male ones dont stand out (like its under the undersuit) where as palmers continues from the lower gut piece. Yet ive found another source, where the chest piece lowers to where the cod piece is. Im not too sure which model to follow. Also great work with your build, makes me inspired to make mine.

There is no male armor. Just female Scout armor that Palmer was using. (don't look a the CGI cutscenes, they had bigger armor there, especially Palmer - her armor was waaaay bulkier and bigger than in-game, where they actually made her armor slimmer and smaller, lol!)
However, if you like the helmet as much - use it! Helmet is universal and doesn't change on gender.
So - if you like the helmet and want to make one - go with it. There is also another helmet file in the File Archive that is named as generic Scout helmet by Zercon - http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=716

As for the whole armor - it IS different. All pieces are different - female version has all pieces slimmer, made fitting for a less "bulky" person, as women are bit smaller than men. Forearms are bit smaller than male version, arms, shins, thighs... the chest has another shape to match female. All male armor parts are bigger and bulkier, have bigger armor openings to match bigger male body.
Only helmet is actually generic and universal. And shoes.
If you are in Halo 4/5 game, you can always go to menu and change the gender of your Spartan - you'll see how much the armor actually varies on both sexes... which is quite a lot. I always like to see the difference. :D

As for the undersuit - ugh, the COD piece is the same, it actually stands out more on males as they have... you know, junk in there. Females still have the COD piece, but it's smaller.

May I ask for the link of the another chest piece you have found? Love to have a look to help you out there.

Its just a toy, but i saw that the cod piece starts right at the bottom of the chest piece. http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/McF-H4s2-Scout-ORTHO.jpg (may not know what the proper cod piece is haha) im talking about the winged shaped part on his gut, there is usually a gap.
I also found this, i believe its the male form: http://www.gamearthub.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/albeeng-halo-4-spartan-scout-armor.jpg

Ill probably do scout shoes+helmet, then mix the rest with the recon. If that sounds good?

Only helmet is actually generic and universal. And shoes.

And that's where you see the developers have to be mostly male. Universal shoes for male and female, whoa whoa whoa... :D

Sorry for being offtopic, but I couldn't resist :D

Its just a toy, but i saw that the cod piece starts right at the bottom of the chest piece. http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/McF-H4s2-Scout-ORTHO.jpg (may not know what the proper cod piece is haha) im talking about the winged shaped part on his gut, there is usually a gap.
I also found this, i believe its the male form: http://www.gamearthub.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/albeeng-halo-4-spartan-scout-armor.jpg

Ill probably do scout shoes+helmet, then mix the rest with the recon. If that sounds good?

Oooh, I thought you found a .pdo file! Sorry. I actually own the figure. xD

The COD piece goes almost into chest piece just because that person posed the figure so, the figure is leaning forward, that's why armor parts are so close together.
On the concept art it's proper straight T-pose - this is how the model looks like.

Damn, Recon is my second-favorite. :D Mixing Scout and Recon is a great idea. :D

And that's where you see the developers have to be mostly male. Universal shoes for male and female, whoa whoa whoa... :D

Sorry for being offtopic, but I couldn't resist :D

Lol. I've spend most of my childhood in male sports shoes. :D When I was a kid my feet grew so fast and back in my days there were no kids shoes for bigger feet, especially not for girls in my country... :D
Nah, you're forgiven hahaha. :D

Lol. I've spend most of my childhood in male sports shoes. :D When I was a kid my feet grew so fast and back in my days there were no kids shoes for bigger feet, especially not for girls in my country... :D
Nah, you're forgiven hahaha. :D

And I'm male, spending half my days in heels - supposedly female's, needless to say. Might be one of the reasons why I'm following your build somewhat more closely... :angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back