Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

I could see this working w/ the elbow but I agree w/ your assessment on not taking a knee. If you attach the knee pads to the shin via the glue sticks.....they would most probably be right in front....right where your actual knee would be. I don't know how conformable you're going to be putting your knee on the sticks while attempting to kneel.

Your build is coming along super nice, can't wait for more.

I could see this working w/ the elbow but I agree w/ your assessment on not taking a knee. If you attach the knee pads to the shin via the glue sticks.....they would most probably be right in front....right where your actual knee would be. I don't know how conformable you're going to be putting your knee on the sticks while attempting to kneel.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand... ;_;
Well, I'd usee foam do to padding on the inside - to cover up the glue sticks and make it more comfortable.
I won't be sitting on my knee anyway, it just might happen once or twice or so, but I'd rather have it just in case, right?
I mean, glue sticks would be just a skeleton inside and I'd cover it up with foam and stuff - it will make it more comfortable and better looking... o.o

Your build is coming along super nice, can't wait for more.

Thank you.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand... ;_;
Well, I'd usee foam do to padding on the inside - to cover up the glue sticks and make it more comfortable.
I won't be sitting on my knee anyway, it just might happen once or twice or so, but I'd rather have it just in case, right?
I mean, glue sticks would be just a skeleton inside and I'd cover it up with foam and stuff - it will make it more comfortable and better looking... o.o

Thank you.

There has to be some type of flex-able plastic that could be used to bridge the 2 pieces. Perhaps a silicone form w/ a stiff spine on the inside like thin PVC tubing. I just finished installing a water line for a fridge and only used about 10 feet or so of the 25 in the pack so I have all this tubing.......This could be put to great use. Flex-able and stiff. You could even use this as the spine for your undersuit neck seal...just a thought.

Pure awesomeness, Mara! :thumbsup

Thanks!

There has to be some type of flex-able plastic that could be used to bridge the 2 pieces. Perhaps a silicone form w/ a stiff spine on the inside like thin PVC tubing. I just finished installing a water line for a fridge and only used about 10 feet or so of the 25 in the pack so I have all this tubing.......This could be put to great use. Flex-able and stiff. You could even use this as the spine for your undersuit neck seal...just a thought.

Can you show perhaps a photo? o_O

EDIT:
Oh, you mean something like this?
Well... It wouldn't do, it would flex and break as the knee pieces are bit heavier.

WX08X10006.jpg

Attachments

• WX08X10006.jpg
    WX08X10006.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 154

Why not just use a shaped strip of foam? Foam is still strong and flexible, plus a lot more comfortable if you actually have to put weight on it with the bony part of your joint.

Yeah, it will not hold and will bend too much and eventually break. ^^'

Why not just use a shaped strip of foam? Foam is still strong and flexible, plus a lot more comfortable if you actually have to put weight on it with the bony part of your joint.

I can't use foam, because foam is too flexible and will bend away, making the knee piece hand "upside down". :/
Like, you can bend foam with your finger, and rondo-ed pepakura parts are heavier, so it would never hold them in place.
I also reinforced the knees with another layer of rondo inside, so if I'd sit on my knee, I wouldn't have to worry they'd break under the weight or something.

The only alternative I've found is this kitchen accessory.
It's slim, but the plastic is quite flexible - of course if bent too much it'll most likely break, but you can bend it a bit... and it isn't as thick as glue sticks, so I also thought of using it... o.o
This could be the best alternative as it's a lot thinner. o.o

(it's pink ._. I've been using the silicon brush and this while resining and rondo-ing, you could use them for bondo too... they are great and you can save up money on buying brushes as you can just wipe the hard resin afterwards and silicone will not break apart :D )

DSC00980.JPG

Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

The spatula might be a much better idea than the glue sticks. I would be concerned about the glue sticks starting to melt if they accidentally got near a heat source.

What about some sort of wire? I am thinking that if you glued or taped 3-4 lengths of coaxial wire together it would provide the support and flexibility that you need.

2ba2b47fc62037f859a4f52b28fae753.jpg

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Attachments

• 2ba2b47fc62037f859a4f52b28fae753.jpg
    2ba2b47fc62037f859a4f52b28fae753.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 127

The spatula might be a much better idea than the glue sticks. I would be concerned about the glue sticks starting to melt if they accidentally got near a heat source.

What about some sort of wire? I am thinking that if you glued or taped 3-4 lengths of coaxial wire together it would provide the support and flexibility that you need.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160421/2ba2b47fc62037f859a4f52b28fae753.jpg

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

OH!!! You're totallly right! O_O
I totally didn't think about the glue stick melting... You're right, I take it back now, this was NOT a good idea. v_v

EDIT:
Damn, you edited your post! XD
Well, I'm not really keen on that idea of using cables or wires as they aren't really as stiff and you can bend them more or less easily... :/
So, eventually, with time they will bend. :/

See a builder or electrician for a strip of yellow-tongue from flooring. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ved=0ahUKEwjyzMic_J_MAhVC92MKHV66B5AQ_AUIBigB

I had to do extensive search on Google to find out what it is. o_O
It's not in my country... It isn't even in my continent... and it's expensive as well and it would be quite impossibru to import. xD

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'll pass. :D
I'll stick to the pink spatula. ^^

I think the pink spatula will work. [emoji1303]

I think the pink spatula will work. [emoji1303]

I hope so, because I just bought another 3 of those. xD
They seem to work fine. :D

I hope so, because I just bought another 3 of those. xD
They seem to work fine. :D

If not, you can always make a bunch of cakes!

Cake? For my Birthday? Oh wow, guys you really care!!!!

You are baking up a fantastic suit though!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back