Femalespartan's Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanxx

This thread got revived from AAAGGESS ago, so I thought I might as well update it and post some progress pictures from recent builds! This helmet actually got thrown away ages ago because it was too big (I was a newbie then - no scaling)

Since this I've finished up at least three Mark VI helmets, all of which were the wrong size of were too warped. Last week I actually finished a perfectly sized High-def Mark VI with support struts and I'm just waiting for the fibreglass to be delivered now so that I can get started with it. Im hoping to get it bondo'd and painted in the next few months. Here you go:

From the front:

LOL013.jpg

From the side:

LOL010.jpg

From another angle that I can't think of a name for:

LOL014.jpg

From the top:

LOL012.jpg

The camera batteries died on me just as I was about to take a picture of the back, so I'll get that up in a few hours. I also have some shins and hand plates and the start of an ODST hemet (and I mean start!) so I'll pop those up here too when I get the chance.

Hey again guys. We were graced with some sunshine over here in Britain, so I grabbed the fibreglass kit that I've been dying to use for the last month and headed over to my Uncle's to get the helmet glassed! I think it came out OK for a first try, but what have I learnt today?

- That if you're gonna use fibreglass, you'd better get used to impaling yourself on the strands every time you touch the finished piece;

- That its a better idea to use the glass 'tissue' rather then the 'mat' on helmets, the mat is really thick and hard to work with

- AND that when they say that 'you'll be smelling the stuff for weeks', they're probably right!

So from the front:

IMAGE_200.jpg

Side (Sorry, ya'll gotta twist your head :])

IMAGE_196.jpg

Back:

IMAGE_197.jpg

The top:

IMAGE_198.jpg

And after all that hard work, the predictable arsing around on the Honda Supersport!

P1010032.jpg

Next stop: BONDO!

It looks like you are off to a very good start. Folds look good and you appear to have done a really good job. Now get the rest of it built so we can see it on your melon! Keep after it and you'll be done in no time.

tlither said:
It looks like you are off to a very good start. Folds look good and you appear to have done a really good job. Now get the rest of it built so we can see it on your melon! Keep after it and you'll be done in no time.

Kewl! Thanks :p my only worries are that it might be a tad on the big size :unsure: but yno, i'll have to see! thanks again! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
open a photobucket account, it will help you store images, plus they are displayed bigger than if you attach them via the board.

other than that, i have no complaints.

Impressive. Can't wait to see more!

Kewl! Thanks my only worries are that it might be a tad on the big size but yno, i'll have to see! thanks again!

That's what I thought when I was building mine. Turned out to be the perfect size, but I really screwed up the fiberglassing part.

Looks good so far. Nice, clean folds (a lot better than my first helmet :p). I'll be looking forward to seeing it finished.

Wow, I agree, when I first did my pep it was not smooth at all. Alot of body filler went into mine.. Nice to know when I get around in building another one for the wifey.. I been procrastinating :lol:

its looking really really good, especially since you went straight to High Def.
Good look with the rest :D

Take Care,
Dave.

It looks great! The folds are very well done, keep it up! I can't wait to see the finished pep.

Robogenisis said:
Looks good so far. Nice, clean folds (a lot better than my first helmet :p). I'll be looking forward to seeing it finished.

Awesome! Thanks so much! :p

Friendly said:
Impressive. Can't wait to see more!
That's what I thought when I was building mine. Turned out to be the perfect size, but I really screwed up the fiberglassing part.

awww thanks! :D Thats made my day!

Davii said:
its looking really really good, especially since you went straight to High Def.
Good look with the rest :D

Take Care,
Dave.

Thanks, yeh i felt a bit dare-devil-ish, i thought what the heck! and then went onto high def! :p
you too,
beth :D

Good job, but i think triple posting is pushing it, you can put more than one quote in a box by clicking the quote button by the names and then hitting reply for the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back