Fiberglass and resin at walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze rip

Does anyone know if there is any fiberglass or resin at stores like home depot, walmart, canadian tire, etc. ? Thanks in advance :)

As far as I know, the ones at walmart are a combo kit containing, Fiberglass Resin, Fiberglass Mat, Fiberglass Cloth, a few mixing cups and a brush I think. But its a whopping $50. So some of the bigger stores would be a better choice.

drgon47 said:
As far as I know, the ones at walmart are a combo kit containing, Fiberglass Resin, Fiberglass Mat, Fiberglass Cloth, a few mixing cups and a brush I think. But its a whopping $50. So some of the bigger stores would be a better choice.

right and wrong at the same time. walmart sells a good deal of fiberglass products in their automotive department. You can just buy like a quart of resin and a package of fiberglass seperately. Though I think you're right that they sell the kits to. the resin is somethin like 10 or 11 dollars, and the fiberglass is like 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart is fine. The resin kit is $14, a pack of fiberglass cloth is $4.50 and paint brushes are $1. Walmart is cheaper than the other places, ive checked. I suggest buying disposable paint brushes from Micheals or an art supply store for $0.30 each. You will only be able to use the brush once, dont try to clean it with acetone, its not worth the trouble.

you can use actone to clean the brushes, right after you use it dont let the resin harden on the brush stick it in a glass of actone and shack it of the acrtone, then you should be ok....i saved alot of brushes that i use for glassing that way

Is there a chance Resin wont be at Walmart? Cause Im not sure if they would have it at my Walmart. And apparently if you search resin at there site nothing related to it shows up.

Walmart.com blows so don't even try looking there man. Accourding to walmart site they don't carry wooden chairs..... just go to your walmart and if they don't have any your really unlucky.

Hey your avatar reminds me of a flash cartoon pheonix WRONG. ever watch it ironcobra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back