Fiberglass Cloth in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwyn1993

This is my first post on 405th and i have already started making my pep helm (Used Flying Squirl's pep file :D)

i already bought thr resin but i cant find ANY one that sells fiberglass cloth in Singapore can someone please give me the

website of the place .

Dude I'm from Singapore too!! I read somewhere that shaw centre sells fiberglass and resin. Do let me know how much they cost, thanks! Btw, you from any forum other than the 405th?

Here you go FS

[attachment=2243:pC100148.JPG]

(Used your "smoother" version) not done yet need to make the jaw.

YAY good to see other Singaporeans

oh i bought the resin at Art Friend in Bras Basah Complex.i already asked them if they had fiberglass cloth but they told me to go to those hardware stores under HDB flats.ill go check at Shaw Center for the resin and fiberglass cloth but not this week cuz im going for holiday next week need to prepare.

Nope its not Bondo its KNORR Prandell lol wierd name.
i dont think they sell Bondo branded stuff in Singapore :( :( :( .

OMGWTFBBQ :eek: :eek: :eek: $75!!!!I got 250ml tin of resin for $24.50 with hardener.
Do they sell fiberglass and body filler there?
How big was the tin of resin?
Oh and is fiberglass resin the same as polyester resin?

What the hell? No, seriously, WHAT THE HELL?? I just came back from art friend, and bought resin. It costed me $70. The catalyst was another $12. And you got both for only $24.50??! Can I see some pics of the tin of resin please? I need to know how much resin you bought to compare.

The place in shaw centre sells resin for $75, but it's not worth it. Too little resin. It also sells fiberglass, but it has no brand. I'll post pics soon in another thread on the noob forum. As for the last question, I do not know.

Here you go

[attachment=2244:pC110168.JPG]

How many ml's is it mine is 250ml.

May i know where is the place that sells the fiberglass?

That's cheap. MEKP. Beware of that stuff. In one of the threads here,

Darth-Malevelus said:
Please understand I am not trying to cotradict here, IF you are going to use the polyester resin with MEKP (Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide) Please use the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Chemical resistant gloves, goggles, tyvek coveralls (impermeable) And most of important of all,.... FOLLOW THE MIXING DIRECTIONS!!!
I have been doing Advance Composite Repair for more the 16 years now in the US. Navy, in fact the US NAVY has banned the use of MEKP completely due to its rather nasty habit of destroying internal organs.
Dont mix it hot, you will make your resin brittle, and you will also risk a possible exothermic reaction. (simply put) a chemical fire you cannot put out.

There are so many other types of resin to use that are easier to mix, like 1 to 1 ratio resins that dont use MEKP. I would highly reccomend using those instead!

It is safe to use provided you strictly adhere to what the can say to do.

I hope this helps!

As for fiberglass, like I said, it can be found in Shaw centre. 4th floor shop called Handyman.

Last edited by a moderator:
hillhopper said:
you don't have to use fiber glass cloth you can use any obsorbent cloth thats how i made a custom speaker enclosure

I suppose you could do that if you are in a real bind. Fiberglass is gonna be much stronger in the end than fleece or muslin but you work with what you got!

Halodude4eva said:
Here you go

[attachment=2244:pC110168.JPG]

How many ml's is it mine is 250ml.

May i know where is the place that sells the fiberglass?

Whadda... There is heart and "Master Chief helmet" written I see in reflection of the can!

bevbor said:
Whadda... There is heart and "Master Chief helmet" written I see in reflection of the can!

Haha i know my sister was doing some wierd drawings on the side of the resin box.Like what my picture says "**** happens, but mostly to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back