Fiberglass (with Hardener) Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwaker

Jr Member
So finally I got my saftey gear on and an outdoor table ready with everything i need. So I bought bondo's fiberglass resin with hardener. I was about to poor the resin so I opened the lid and there was no tube of hardener. I thought it must be inside with the liquid poored in somehow. But I read the back and said to manually add the hardener. Does this mean I got a bad container or what?

absolutely : o
take it back to the store and exchange it for another one.
someone must have taken off the lid and took the hardener or something,
so when you exchange it, take off the white lid and check to make sure the hardener is there.
It should be located under the clearish white lid, where you mix the resin and hardener together :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol you got screwed.....if you dont want to return the resin (which if you have the receipt, you totally should) i think you can buy a tube of it seperatley...but thats probably for body filler only....

rvb4life said:
lol you got screwed.....if you dont want to return the resin (which if you have the receipt, you totally should) i think you can buy a tube of it seperatley...but thats probably for body filler only....

yes, as i said, return it for sure, and make it look like you are super angry and demand stuff aznd what not :) im not saying rob the place but just seem very upset that they sold you a faulty product and you wont have a problem with getting hardener :) good luck

yep agreed like everyone else, take that junk back. raise some hell if they wont do it

i had the same thing happen to me a few times but lucky for me i had some left over hardner *clear liquid tube* so i was straight

Don't know where you bought it but if it was Walmart definitely complain. Talk about their security cameras, etc. You won't be ripping them off but for the time spent taking it back, you may get it free or a gift card. I bitch every time I buy something there that isn't complete. That's just me though. It never hurts to complain because the customer is always right (no matter where you buy something).

rofl now i need help with my resin... i bought
bondo-glass.jpg
and it came with Cream Hardener instead of liquid hardener... it is a reddish color is this the same stuff? like would it work for fiberglassing my helmet with fiberglass mat?

LastSpartan said:
Because that's not fiberglass resin, that's bondo glass. Look on the left, it's written "Filler"

ok just being shure...
i was at home depot because of the hurricane and picked this stuff up (time to find the recepit)

Bloodwaker said:
So finally I got my saftey gear on and an outdoor table ready with everything i need. So I bought bondo's fiberglass resin with hardener. I was about to poor the resin so I opened the lid and there was no tube of hardener. I thought it must be inside with the liquid poored in somehow. But I read the back and said to manually add the hardener. Does this mean I got a bad container or what?

You can buy hardener separately for cheap. It costs almost nothing.
My first resin experience was a lot worse.
I got safety, all prepared to resin parts, opened can of resin and...
It was totally cured! 100%! Solid as rock! Entrie, complete, full can! S%#*T!
And nearest seller wasn't in range of 20 km from my home!
Hehehe :)
So, you luckier than me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back