Filling Pepped Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help me i'm about to try my luck at building weapon props. please post any tips here. also if you know of a solid, cheap, and lightweight product please inform me about it

Well as tips go I can give you one. If you put a hole in the barrel you can pour fiberglass resin on the inside and swish it around. Then just cover the hole. Ive heard of others using expanding foam but I don't think that would work well.

Use Rondo instead of resin. Mix about half resin and half bondo, but since your gonna pour it into the weapon mix in a bit more resin than bondo. Add a little resin hardner and bondo hardner and mix together in a cup or something like that. Then as mitch said just pour it down the barrel. It'll harden the weapon better than just using resin.

smooth on? or smooth cast? smooth on products would be a body filler like bondo. Smooth on is a plastic that comes in 2 parts that mix together to create a shell of your piece instead of using fiberglass. watch this video for more info on how to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Bondo is a brand (not a single product, but usually stands for body filler) owned by the company 3M.

Smooth Cast is one of the products that the company Smooth On makes.

Take a look at my Thread, today i will finish my Kukri pep (knife) and i will use the RONDO.
Iatz also my first time unsing rondo so i don't know how it works but i will definitely upload some PICs

smooth on? or smooth cast? smooth on products would be a body filler like bondo. Smooth on is a plastic that comes in 2 parts that mix together to create a shell of your piece instead of using fiberglass. watch this video for more info on how to do it

Just to correct you. Smooth On is a Brand that has 100s of products (that scientists been working on) like Smooth Cast. Smooth Cast is one kind of Urethane Plastic that comes in two component, that if you mix together makes a chemical reaction and becomes solid, in this case plastic. Please read more about these stuff before you say anything about them.:)
Also as ventrue said Bondo is a brand not a product. What you are talking about is actually body filer what the real name of it is, people just call it Bondo, because Bondo is a good and cheap brand. I got confused for a little bit till my friend actually explained what it really was. Where I live, we dont have the brand Bondo.
Hope I help every one of you guys who dont understand what, what is.

Forgive me for my bad English.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back