Film Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomSG13

Jr Member
Hey all, well jerico inspired me so I went out and got some new toys from work (The good part of working for an advertising company) and started playing around with after effect and premiere, plus looking up some generated stuff online.

Well, this video sucks, I mean really sucks, but it was more for a proof of concept and things I wanted to test out, I didn't add sound yet just because I haven't found any that I really like, but it would be easy to do compared to all the things I did.

So, without any further waiting, a tennis ball turned plasma grenade

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Ph...icVideoTest.flv

P.S. I need to work on sizing down my film and I am getting a better camera soon for better quality

Glad I'm an inspiration. Lol.

I like the muzzle flashes. The grenade could use some work, but like someone told me it takes an entire team of people several weeks to create a decent explosion. Plus. I'm only 17 and can't say too much. :D

If you would like to help with the film I'm doing. To test out your stuff and play around with footage a little, I'll send you a couple of shots when we start shooting in a few weeks. It will be cold for us. Hah. But better than shooting in lots of gear during the summer.

Keep on posting stuff! We need more people like this... armor and film. It's all creation.

Cool, thanks. I would love to give you a hand if I can manage the skills you would require.

And yeah on the explosion, like I said it was more of a test of concept rather than a finished product. Since I can import Photoshop layers into after effects, I can make a lot better (It will just take a lot more time). And yeah, just the playing around I have done, I can see a good explosion taking a lot of time. . . . .might be quicker just to blow something up for real ;)

Got my new camera Canon HV30, some HD tapes and we'll see what I can do with all that. Hopefully I will have a few new movies later today.

That's pretty neat, and you two should team up. I am very interested in things like special effects and such, but all I have is photoshop (which I still am a bit novice at) and flash (which I've just started to get good at). I have no idea what programs you guys use, but I'm sure it's way harder than photoshop and flash put together. Maybe when I'm a bit older, I'll start on doing stuff like this.

Anyways, Keep it up.

PS: I have a pretty big arsenal of weapon/explosion/close-combat sounds, if you guys ever need some extra SFX recordings.

photoshop and flash aren't really video editing programs...

anyways, like jericho says, muzzle flash is good, but grenade is bad. here's why: the flight path doesn't look very realistic. I don't know why...

I'd use stock footage for the explosion, that's what stock footage is there for.

EDIT: oh yeah, sound would obviously make it so much more realistic. had my music turned up... remember, there are no films without any sound.

Very true. I'd like some of those sounds, but since this is Phantom's thread, he's got dibbs!!! :eek: Haha. I have a Sony HVR-A1U, my friend. HD rocks. Agreed?

Plus, it does work well to blow things up for real... I have a friend that does it for the film, but just be careful... and decently legal. : /

TF_Productions said:
anyways, like jericho says, muzzle flash is good, but grenade is bad. here's why: the flight path doesn't look very realistic. I don't know why...

I'd use stock footage for the explosion, that's what stock footage is there for.

EDIT: oh yeah, sound would obviously make it so much more realistic. had my music turned up... remember, there are no films without any sound.

LOL, that is hilarious because I threw a tennis ball to get that flight path. It would have been nicer if it was longer, but I just put the nade on the ball for the flight and edited out when the ball bounced away. Hilarious, and thanks for the feedback all.

Like I said, this was more of a proof of concept than a finished product, but definitely agree with you guys.
And BinaryCode I will definitely be hitting you up for sounds and such since I did not come across that many in my searches.

Last edited by a moderator:
TF_Productions said:
photoshop and flash aren't really video editing programs
I know.

I just said that's all I have. I never said anything about them being video editing programs...

As for the audio, Here's a brief list of the recordings I have:
-A lot of reloading sounds
-A lot of rifle sounds (most of which can be used for full-auto, burst-fire or semi-auto)
-Some shotgun sounds (Not a lot)
-Some explosions
-Some knife sounds
-A lot of pistol sounds

Although most of them don't sound exactly like the guns from the actual halo games.

For researching on more audio, though, you might want to look in sites like game modification communities. Flashkit.com might also prove useful, but most of the stuff there aren't that good (and the loading times are horrid).

Last edited by a moderator:
You could probably rip some sounds from Halo PC...

I don't know about any ogg to mp3/wav converters that work though.

Either that or just have a save film in Halo 3 of a nice open reverbless map (valhalla?) and just shoot off something from every weapon. Reload a few times, and record it all.

Long time no post right? Yeah I know, been busy. Been thinking real hard though, and playing with the new camera, and learning as much as I can about positioning and what not. . . .I need to use more story boards.

Anyway, here is the latest vid work I have done, and what's that? Dun dun dun, sound.

And again, to all I love the feedback and be as cruel as you like, I gotz me the thick skin, but these are just proofs of concept, none are as perfect as I would want to make a finished product.

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Ph...ishedJumper.flv

P.S. If anyone has Halo sounds, vids, models that they have links to or have made themselves I would be more than grateful to use them. I don't own any Xbox (360 or otherwise) so I don't have a lot of stuff to work with in the raw ;)
Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back