1st Build Final Fit for Mando-themed Mjolnir

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMandoChief

95% complete/final fit test for my Mando-themed Mjolnir cosplay. I'll be wearing it for the 1st time (and my 1st time ever cosplaying) this weekend

Attachments

• Final Fit Test.jpg
    Final Fit Test.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 136
This is awesome! how did you make it?
I took H4 files from here, Mando files from Thingiverse, and a massive amount of YOLO. Some pieces are all Mando, like the vambraces and gauntlet plate. Some pieces are all Mjolnir, like the boots and kneepads. The greaves are mostly Mjolnir, but I whipped up the cartridge holders to mimic Mando's ammo belt he has down there. But the real shining pieces are the ones that are blended. I imported the Mjolnir piece into my 3d printer slicing software, cut away the plate, and inserted the Mando plate in its place. Some fine tuned positioning made it so that there was enough overlap for the pieces to be secure, and boom, the pauldrons, cuirass, and cuisse were merged. As for the helmet, it is literally just the Mando bucket inside the Mjolnir. A future re-do of the whole suit would include things like a complete reworking of the helmet to reduce the amount of excess material, built in ports for fans, and size it down considerably so that it's not so overly large.

I took H4 files from here, Mando files from Thingiverse, and a massive amount of YOLO. Some pieces are all Mando, like the vambraces and gauntlet plate. Some pieces are all Mjolnir, like the boots and kneepads. The greaves are mostly Mjolnir, but I whipped up the cartridge holders to mimic Mando's ammo belt he has down there. But the real shining pieces are the ones that are blended. I imported the Mjolnir piece into my 3d printer slicing software, cut away the plate, and inserted the Mando plate in its place. Some fine tuned positioning made it so that there was enough overlap for the pieces to be secure, and boom, the pauldrons, cuirass, and cuisse were merged. As for the helmet, it is literally just the Mando bucket inside the Mjolnir. A future re-do of the whole suit would include things like a complete reworking of the helmet to reduce the amount of excess material, built in ports for fans, and size it down considerably so that it's not so overly large.
I might have to try making a mash up helmet like that! It looks awesome! Maybe a Mando helmet with master chief accents instead of chief with mando accents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back