Finally i finished my MC sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fovos

Jr Member
Hey guys, something that i just finished.
First of all let me say a big thank you to the people that they replied to my first post few months ago. And overall to your website over here. I got all my references from here.

I don't know if i ever mention it before but i am a sculptor and up to now i was forced away from doing what i love, by working here and there just to pay loans and bills, like everyone. Recently i decided that i had enough so i started to getting back to it and finally finish all the sketches i have here and there. Im about to start working on a series of vinyl toys, but i needed to get my hands back into sculpting cause i got little rusty! So since i love computer games what better practice by the most famous character out there right?
Well this boy was little harder to sculpt than i thought, lots of surfaces to match, lots of little details here and there. It may be not exact copy of the original but i think he looks good. I will let you decide.

He is made out of apoxie and polymer clay, everything is done by hand, sculpting and painting. He stands 13 inches tall without the base. with the base about 14 - 14.5 inches. He weights 4.5 lbs. The gun also is done with aluminum tubes, apoxie and polymer. Base is wood covered with apoxie, finished like cement.

Here is some pictures of him i hope you like them.
Thank you again guys.

Be sure to send these pics to halo.bungie.org , they'll definately want to frontpage this.

Excellent work!

wow thats rlly good lol. of all the art forms i think sculpting might be the most fun. keep up the good works :D

Hey guys thank you all for your comments. I appreciate it.
Ole Irish man, he is made in 2 layers, i started with apoxie, and then finish it with polymer clay.
Sean, i tried to post it on halo.bungie.org as you said, but i was lost there. If you can guide me or if any of you wants to post these photos over there feel free to do so.!
I have few more photos from other sculptures and more photos on myspace account. i will try to post the link to direct you there as soon as i figure how to do it.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back