Finished Duct Tape Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to get nasty boys. As I've said on a lot of other topics, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Unless you can come up with a constructive way to help make it better, like a suggestion.
Example: That looks bad because... If I were doing this I would fix it by...
That's it. No one wants to hear that their work sucks, especially without a good reason or something constructive added on to it.

Thanks?
Haha

I've been jotting down names of who NOT to see my clay modeled helmet too.
(They're epic *drools*)

SO THIS IS YOUR SECRET PROJECT?!

Guess not since you still have it listed in your signature as 10% done, but that is a nice helmet.

Sometimes you take the good with the bad it is an opinion, however for you who do have a bad opinion......
please put up your work, or keep it to yourself. It's easy to say something when you can't build anything yourself.

Keep up the good works Sarge Christi, can't wait to see more.

Everyone can make something, but the experience you get with building something with a relative is so much more valuable. Especially one that you wont really see often. I go fishing with my dad all the time and its a great experience. Its not the outside that counts, its the time that was spent making it. Keep up the good worke Sarge Christi, and dont let anyone here put you down from their negative comments.

please put up your work, or keep it to yourself
Agreed. Since some of you feel inclined to judge others efforts, I think its only fair that you show images of your work, If you firmly believe you've done a superior job, then why not? and while you're at it, give the guy some pointers perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
what im just saying that it looks like my begining helmet when i made it from cardboard im sure it will get better just a negative i said thats all no need to get angry and sorry if i upset some people.

but ya it needs some work i would suggest making the sides less blocky and roundish but more of a mixture of both or just stick with a pep helm.

ojrtega said:
what im just saying that it looks like my begining helmet when i made it from cardboard im sure it will get better just a negative i said thats all no need to get angry and sorry if i upset some people.

but ya it needs some work i would suggest making the sides less blocky and roundish but more of a mixture of both or just stick with a pep helm.

ok but the thing is with the mark 5 helmet the back goes in and then out the the top goes over but christi it does look good and btw i use chicken wire cause u can form it easy

First off, it's not a mark 6.
Mark 5's are blocky. And it's not really a made halo helmet.
2, it's DUCT TAPE. I've said that plenty of time in this thread
it's different from working with cardboard.
I only have thick poster board covering the mask.

I want it to be blocky... that's the point... :rolleyes

BTW, this is my second helmet.
I've already made a round one, why not do a blocky one? lol.

And like I said, my dad and I made this with scrap, it's not supposed to look awesome, it's just supposed to be awesome, which it is.
w00t.

Please though, don't just say it's crap, please tell me what I should do with in depth discussion.
PS.
I don't like pepakura. So I wont be making a pepakura helmet.

Sarge Christi said:
First off, it's not a mark 6.
Mark 5's are blocky. And it's not really a made halo helmet.
2, it's DUCT TAPE. I've said that plenty of time in this thread
it's different from working with cardboard.
I only have thick poster board covering the mask.

I want it to be blocky... that's the point... :rolleyes

BTW, this is my second helmet.
I've already made a round one, why not do a blocky one? lol.

And like I said, my dad and I made this with scrap, it's not supposed to look awesome, it's just supposed to be awesome, which it is.
w00t.
Please though, don't just say it's crap, please tell me what I should do with in depth discussion.
PS.
I don't like pepakura. So I wont be making a pepakura helmet.

lol i realized that buuuuut u should still indent the back

NZ-TK said:
Agreed. Since some of you feel inclined to judge others efforts, I think its only fair that you show images of your work, If you firmly believe you've done a superior job, then why not? and while you're at it, give the guy some pointers perhaps?

cool.
the duct tape thing is kinda odd though.
I messed around with duct tape for a while, made some wallets (super easy),
tried to make some roses (very difficult).
But I dunno...
doesn't look very Master Chief to me.
I know Pepakura is time consuming,
but it's relatively cheap and creates great results...

as for me posting my own work..
well.. I wanna.. but i don't post enough in this place and it won't lemme start a new topic...
any one got ideas? pm me?

but anyways.. here's my halo2 helmet that i made but didn't care for...
[attachment=2294:halo2red.jpg]
(made it and then realized there was halo3 out... so i just randomly painted it with w/e i have in the garage)
(I do have a fly_sqrl helmet.. but.. aint gonna post that till it's done )
Mwuahaha.
btw halo 2 helm = easy make ftw if you have less patience...

Pretty good.
The reason I don't like pepakura is because in many cases, you can see the folds, I like smoothness in things I make.
But pepakura is respectable. ;)

and sox, I'll try when I get a chance, i'm packing my stuff, any detailing I'd want to do on this puppy will have to be put on hold until I get all my crap packed up and shipped to the US.

The more folds, the smoother the helmet, but then more folds means more time consuming, but it doesnt always mean much harder but I like your helmet, it came out nice, and you got to spend time with your father making it, most of us do this as a 1 person project, but doing projects with family or friends can really do some good.

Read the stickies, they take 5 minutes and teach you everything on how to fold, glue, cut, resin, glass...it isnt hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back