Finished Duct Tape Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge Christi

My dad and I made this duct tape+chicken wire helmet before he left.
I'll prob fiberglass over it and sell it to someone.
I need presant money, lol.
the thing is front is poster board.
Pretty much this way made as a temp helmet, but as soon as I fiberglass and sand it, it's gonna be ballin.
It's got a Mark V look about it, that's what I like about this helm. :)
This helmet> Blue one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Phot...er2007100-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Phot...ccer2007099.jpg

Soccer2007099.jpg

Soccer2007100-1.jpg

That's what I said!!! :)
I think it'll look good once I fiberglass it and add details.

And the helmet cost like.

whatever 2 rolls of duct tape and scrap chicken wire cost.
So...next to nothing. I'd say it didn't cost over $5 to make.
Hella cheap and it wasn't that difficult.
the whole thing was basically made out of scrap stuff.

The monetary value of this helmet is insignificant compared to the value of experience gained from doing it. Keep that in mind when you say something negative about it. Besides, far too many people here talk about what they want to do rather than doing it. The thing is, the next helmet that Sarge Christi knocks out will probably completely knock us out!

Keep up the good work! Love what you're doing - to me that's what costuming is all about. Make it work with what you have, and if that don't work, then find another way. Just because everyone says you have to do it this way or that way doesn't mean you have to, besides, the fun is in the creation.

yea that does look good for cardboard and im also diggin the bright red leather couch u got there hahah :rolleyes

Vader said:
The monetary value of this helmet is insignificant compared to the value of experience gained from doing it. Keep that in mind when you say something negative about it. Besides, far too many people here talk about what they want to do rather than doing it. The thing is, the next helmet that Sarge Christi knocks out will probably completely knock us out!

Keep up the good work! Love what you're doing - to me that's what costuming is all about. Make it work with what you have, and if that don't work, then find another way. Just because everyone says you have to do it this way or that way doesn't mean you have to, besides, the fun is in the creation.

I second that.

If you end up detailing it well, I might be interested in buying it. Just PM me some prices when/if it's done and I'll consider it some more.

By the way, where are you right now? I'm confused on where you stay because a few months ago, you were in the US, but you were in Singapore?

Last edited by a moderator:
the whole pepakura process costs maybe, $10 before resining? I still don't understand why people make helms like this.

Werd Nal said:
thing is i doubt you could sell it for $3 if you wanted to

Add comment= FLAME FLAME.
lolz

Actually, buddy, I say buddy to imply that I am not angry with you, just trying to straighten some things out.
First off, I made this out of duct tape, not cardboard, so it's different from anything else thus done on the site, which in my eyes makes it priceless, not worthless as you seem to be implying.
Secondly, once I fiberglass it (which I'm a master of), and add other details, it will be much better than the DUCT TAPE helmet you see before you.
Actually read things before you post and insult my work.
What if I were a n00b who's never done anything before? You'd feel like a jerk. And also, don't knock it, it's awesome.
And i said what it cost to make it, not how much i'm selling it for. I wouldn't dream of selling it to anyone right now..

Alrighty, well now that that is out of the way. LOL.
Yeah, my dad and I made this for fun after we had some spare supplies. Just randomly I was like "Dad, let's make a helmet out of this stuff." No plans, just GO.
Hehe. So I'll show you the fiberglassing project soon as I'm back in the states. I'll add a real visor later, pretty gold visor. It'll be smexy.

A little smoothing and added details and that thing will be teh awesome. I know that part will turn out well based on your last one.

Kudos on the much improved symmetry from your blue helm. This thing is already giving me more ideas for my custom varient. :lol:

Scratchbuilders never die, they just have to buy more duct tape.

I have an insane love for the Mark V.
It just pwns, that's kind what I base the looks off of.

I'm def gonna make this look awesome.
Sig, I love you, you're a great help.

What did you use for the chin area? Looks like cardboard.. Anyways, have you found out where fiberglass is sold? :whistle:

The chin part is some kinda thick poster board stuff.
and you can get fiberglass from a DIY store in Woodlands I think.

Whoever thinks negative is such a moron lol. Sorry but thats the way I think of it. During the witch creek fires here in So-Cal All I did the whole time was make stuff out of duct tape and cardboard.

ojrtega said:
sorry to say but it looks like what i made out of a ramen pack box in like 30 minutes or less.

tega its better then anything youve ever made u show no details and this helmet in its early stages has more details then yours so stop being an a**hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back