(Finished!) Halo 3 Legendary Helmet Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spn_phoenix_92,

Sorry I've missed this thread for so long. Great results so far! It's been a while since someone made a good go at the Legendary Edition helmet. It's very doable, but few people have. You're far along and it looks great. I modified the piece that goes behind the neck so I could keep it on and still fit my nugget into the helmet. I did have to cut a little away under the chin. For the visor, I used a pair of gas mask outer visors. PM me if there's anything I can offer.

Oct08010.jpg

Redshirt

Looks good. Really digging the "field mod" look to the emblem. There have been some great armor builds on this site, but the best ones always have that personal touch that makes it actually look like someone has been wearing the armor throught the years. Without those personal touches, it doesn't have the same feel to it, like they're just new recruits with the ink still drying on their paperwork instead of battle-hardened veterans who've been kicking ass and taking names over an extensive career.

Looks good. Really digging the "field mod" look to the emblem. There have been some great armor builds on this site, but the best ones always have that personal touch that makes it actually look like someone has been wearing the armor throught the years. Without those personal touches, it doesn't have the same feel to it, like they're just new recruits with the ink still drying on their paperwork instead of battle-hardened veterans who've been kicking ass and taking names over an extensive career.

I'm actually adding those things purposely, along with the heavy amounts of battle damage. I'm adding touches like this to represent my friend's long Halo career, he's played halo games since the midnight release of Halo 1, so I thought he deserved well :p He has a special shelf in his game room of all the halo stuff he's collected over the years and is going to have this on a stand in the middle. Sadly he can't make it to the midnight release of Halo 4, which will be the only time he hasnt for a halo game, so I may go with his brother to it and wear the helmet, I plan on it being finished by release night. ;)

Nice. I've only made the Reach midnight release so far. I was going to be getting the Halo 4 LE at a locally operated game shop, and the owner was setting up for a midnight release LAN party, but on Thursday, just 5 days before release, their distributor called them up and told them they aren't going to get a single copy of the Limited Edition because they're just a small, privately owned shop and not some nation-wide corperate franchise. And of course at this point everybody's sold out, even the Microsoft store. But I might just settle for getting the regular edition for now so I can at least have it on launch day.

Finished!!!

Yesterday I spent my free time pushing myself to finish my friend's helmet to have it done before the release, and I did it!

Here are the pictures of the finished helmet.

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

All lit up!

DSCN0640.jpg

Here is a picture after the Halo 4 midnight release at my friend's house, since he's out of state and couldn't make it, his brother went with and we had a Halo 4 night, I'm already a SR18 :p (crappy phone camera)

1106120440.jpg

I'm glad I finally got this done, and my friend will be surprised to see it waiting for him in his room when he gets home next week. I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me with advice and criticism on this, after I get my Halo 4 addiction quenched (if!) then I will focus on my Reach Armor. Phoenix out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back