My First 3D Model - Hazop Helmet

Isaac039

Hi All!
Well, I wanted to share my current project of many I'm working on. For the last few weeks I've been pushing myself to try and learn Blender for modeling all things helmets, armor, etc. Going through a few tutorials I decided to give a shot at Halo Reach/Infinites Hazop Helmet. Doing this has definitely given me a appreciation for artists who can do this regularly lol I have the bulk of it done, now I have to do the finer detail work and learn how to make it suitable for 3D Printing. Maybe make interchangeable piece's so I can switch out secondary colors.

Attachments

• ORG_DSC09154.jpg
    ORG_DSC09154.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • A28BE050-D2FD-4456-A9CB-2BA8970548E0.JPG
    A28BE050-D2FD-4456-A9CB-2BA8970548E0.JPG
    603 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 603F4E14-CB2F-497E-9CFE-F7306DA99FF8.JPG
    603F4E14-CB2F-497E-9CFE-F7306DA99FF8.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 65
  • ORG_DSC09166.jpg
    ORG_DSC09166.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3690.PNG
    IMG_3690.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Getting a bit more detail in with the creases and screw caps. Filament just came in from Bambu so I’ll be prototyping here soon! If anyone has any recommended tips/courses on modeling helmets feel free to share, I’ve been scouring through YouTube trying to soak in as much info as I can lol

Attachments

• Hazop_Progress_Back.png
    Hazop_Progress_Back.png
    808.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Hazop_Progress.png
    Hazop_Progress.png
    858.4 KB · Views: 44
Looking good so far! I remember back in the day that this was the helmet I used most in reach before I unlocked the operator helmet. Always found the subtle skull inspiration pretty neat

Looking good so far! I remember back in the day that this was the helmet I used most in reach before I unlocked the operator helmet. Always found the subtle skull inspiration pretty neat
Thank you! And yes same here, especially with a white coating in Infinite it really makes those features stand out

Getting a bit more detail in with the creases and screw caps. Filament just came in from Bambu so I’ll be prototyping here soon! If anyone has any recommended tips/courses on modeling helmets feel free to share, I’ve been scouring through YouTube trying to soak in as much info as I can lol
I like it! Great work so far. I've been messing around with Blender and Fusion 360 to get better at modeling. Would like to have my own custom made suit by the end of next year. What kind of slicer are you using btw?

Been going down even deeper into the rabbit hole of tutorials for blender lol here’s a shot I did yesterday based off my current setup on infinite. I hope to get the Hazop textured sometime soon
IMG_3957.jpeg

Last edited:
I like it! Great work so far. I've been messing around with Blender and Fusion 360 to get better at modeling. Would like to have my own custom made suit by the end of next year. What kind of slicer are you using btw?
For printing I’m using Bambu Slicer, only thing I changed was enabling tree supports. Everything else is default, but before I used to use Cura slicer and that was really easy to use too

For printing I’m using Bambu Slicer, only thing I changed was enabling tree supports. Everything else is default, but before I used to use Cura slicer and that was really easy to use too
Sweet, thanks! I currently use Cura for all my FDM prints. Tree supports are a must have. I'll give Bambu Slicer shot. Currently preparing to print the Yoroi armor set. Tree supports might be just what I need to cut the print time down from 17 days to maybe 7.

Sweet, thanks! I currently use Cura for all my FDM prints. Tree supports are a must have. I'll give Bambu Slicer shot. Currently preparing to print the Yoroi armor set. Tree supports might be just what I need to cut the print time down from 17 days to maybe 7.
I print all FDM too! I saved a lot of time when I was on cura for my prints by lowering the support density quite a bit (it also made it easier to remove). I want to say it was 15% by default and I moved it to 7-10%

I print all FDM too! I saved a lot of time when I was on cura for my prints by lowering the support density quite a bit (it also made it easier to remove). I want to say it was 15% by default and I moved it to 7-10%
Good idea. I tend to set my infill at 30-50%. I try to make pieces as durable as possible. May use PETG or ABS and drop the infill to accommodate. Helmets however I go crazy and set it to 100%. Bump the wall count to 3-4 and you've got a solid print with no need for bondo reinforcement. Hoping I can get it all done before the next event!

Good idea. I tend to set my infill at 30-50%. I try to make pieces as durable as possible. May use PETG or ABS and drop the infill to accommodate. Helmets however I go crazy and set it to 100%. Bump the wall count to 3-4 and you've got a solid print with no need for bondo reinforcement. Hoping I can get it all done before the next event!
Best of luck! And yes for the model itself a higher infill always helps with sanding

So this is where I'm going to call it for at least this first version of my Hazop Helm lol This last month I've been learning a lot about blender. Unfortunately with that, I'm realizing my first attempt was a bit destructive on how my work flow was. So rather then try and improve all my mistakes I'm going to call it complete for now until I can go at it again. For my first model with little to no experience I'm pretty happy how it turned out :)
Front Frame.png

Attachments

• Second Frame.png
    Second Frame.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back