Finished Spartan II Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yepp! People who don't come from the 405th, would not notice;) It is looking extremely awesome! Good job!^_^ Keep up your awesome work!:D

Im not bondoing my armour parts either:p Exept the helmet:p Im planing vac-forming the parts in black plastic like sean does:)
But my armor does have bondo on it, does it look like it doesn't?

Thanks for liking the "back of the head" shot, I was going for this -- > http://pshbling.deviantart.com/favourites/#/dt7i6r

Heh. That's one epic suit of armor! I think the scenery helped to bring out its inner awesomeness. A person really wouldn't notice that it's a low def suit unless they were one of us and can see every little detail.

The polygonal shapes on the arms and legs are still visible, so that's why people keep thinking there isn't any bondo. Most people round out their armor with the bondo and don't have those blocky angles showing.

I know, its on B.net <3
Yeah, I guess looking at the images it does look unbondoed. I'll remember for the next suit to put more bondo on but let it be known that there is indeed bondo on there, a lot haha.

I'm going to take the armor to the 4th of july fire works show in our town.

Congrats on being on Bungie.net :p
totally awesome! plus your suit is AMAZING :p holy, I guess it goes to show that armor doesnt have to be super HD to look awesome :)

Thank you very much, I'm wondering what one has to do to get put into the "Elite" section..hmm.

We are going to be taking a lot more photos, I would like to make a sort of movie or something or at least a comic like thing. Something like this but with high res photos and such.

24gqgyq.jpg

the last pic is great! how much do you say this cost to make?

For the whole suit of armor...hmm.
well the bondo/fiber glass resin was 20 some dollars and I had to buy a few things of that. The armor pressure suit was 70 I believe, I don't know a couple hundred.

Great work... awesome shots... the only thing that i think you must work in a little bit its the bondo... but looks great

Great work... awesome shots... the only thing that i think you must work in a little bit its the bondo... but looks great

I agree, we rushed the Bondo a little more.
We could have..
1. Added a LOT more Bondo
2. Sanded the chest piece so much better

But again its our first suit, I'm sure if we make another it will be much better.

Great armor! As they say on B.Net, great quality, there, man. Only reason anyone HERE knows it's low-def is because we're the -blam!- 405th! We've seen mind-blowing stuff on a daily basis. While, I'd say, this is short of mind-blowing, it's damn good.

Better than the Bungie mold, if you ask me. (I saw someone in it at A-kon, and I was kinda saddened by the low quality for a professional commission.)

Dude, I'm new to the costuming community as a whole, so Im a total noob with any terms and stuff, but I really like this better than most of the hi-res armor ive seen at cons and stuff. The Blockier look makes it awesome. gratz

I'm working on editing a photo but I'm just not sure what to do with it..
f37y3b.jpg

I was thinking maybe fighters flying overhead or something but what to do with the color...
Yeah, maybe sometime soon I'll go over my whole armor with more Bondo to see what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back