FirePhoenix's helm broken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
Hey all,I've been reading this forum for a long time now and recently made a account,
But that's not why I'm making a post....
I'm making a post to show u guys my progress so here it is:

Done with folding :)
DSCN1242.jpg

Me wearing it
DSCN1238.jpg

I resined it and it's currently drying.... more pics coming soon :)

As explained in my last post my dad moved it while the fiberglass was drying and now its really misshaped :(

will start a new one on monday tho...

Last edited by a moderator:
A MC Lamp Shade... now thats awesome... lol..

Hope thats a low watt bulb, or your Dome is goona go poof... more lol..

Ok no more jokes, what are your plans for you helm?

And those are my pics open on your computer... I am famous, YAR!!

Spase said:
A MC Lamp Shade... now thats awesome... lol..

Hope thats a low watt bulb, or your Dome is goona go poof... more lol..

Ok no more jokes, what are your plans for you helm?

And those are my pics open on your computer... I am famous, YAR!!

well, I'm gonna try to do the same thing like you but, everything is called diffirent here in Holland....
so i found a sort of bondo body filler substitute but dont know if its any good =P

and yeah that are your pics ^^ i was looking for some clues how to do it =P

oh and funcoot thanks for your nice reply :)

gonna check if my helmet is dry now :>

Oh shoot i have a use finally, thanks for that, my original helmet I made wasnt the right scale, Now I can take a metal lamp shade frame and hot glue it to the helmet, and place the frame over the bulb..nice helmet btw.

AoBfrost said:
Oh shoot i have a use finally, thanks for that, my original helmet I made wasnt the right scale, Now I can take a metal lamp shade frame and hot glue it to the helmet, and place the frame over the bulb..nice helmet btw.

hahaha, no probs :) and thanks =P
btw watch out with that... it may get pretty hot ^^

If you ask for polystyrene fibreglass resin, I'm sure you will get the same thing in Europe as we do in North America.

Anyway, the helmet looks AMAZING!

Hey, I was wondering... My resined helmet won't dry... It's been a day since I resined and it still aint dry, does anyone know something that makes it dry faster? Thanks in advance :)

Put it under a lamp for hours of a day, or use tons of hardener and make a new batch of resin, go over it quickly.

The Glaze I used is a Polyester Glaze... When you get it, the Glaze should be the consistency of Honey or molasis... Putty will be, putty....

omg... I fiberglassed it some hours ago and went away... In the time I was away my dad moved it and now its really really misshaped :(
guess I will need to start all over again /cry :(

Ninja Edit...

Or is there some way i can get its form back?

LastSpartan said:
Show pics.

Is it like really deformed? Like you you have trouble saying that it's MC in front of you? ^^

will post a pic later...

you know the area behind the led/ear part? it has become a bobble thingy on 1 side and the chin part is also misshapen now...

Edit:

oh maybe when i bondo it it could be alright... dunno tho it's kinda weird shaped atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back