End of May update:

Hello, it's been a busy month for me and con crunch is just over the horizon so let's break down what all happened!

Firstly I got a visor! I reached out to the wonder BranfuhrStudios and had them hydrochrome a visor buck I had pulled by Angus314. I loved how it turned out, and it made my helmet special.

The next update is that I have gotten all of the primary colors of my armor painted and sealed! I love how everything looks together. Aside from minor bleeding, I can not recommend the Montana paint cans enough. The AR is nearly 100% painted! I want to say I nailed the Flash Fjord paint scheme while tuning the colors to fit my suit (Totally not Nerf colors). I need to fix some minor areas where the paint bleeds and add additional minor details. Then the AR can be sealed!
20240512_190952.png
1717295656581.png

Lastly, I am currently in the process of making custom padding and weathering! I am using new techniques and I can not complain about the result. Instead of buying airsoft helmet pads, I bought a giant sheet of upholstery foam and some cheap polyester fabric to make my padding. I am no expert with sewing so I would appreciate any tips! With my padding, this is the most comfortable helmet I have worn. One drawback is the helmet seems to get hotter faster. I plan on ordering the fans as suggested by Emp Frosty and ArcSol to solve this issue. Weathering has been fun with the methods I have been trying out. Firstly, I ordered Molotow Liquid Chrome Markers after I saw TurboCharizard and RockLobbster give high praise on the discord. I have also been using a method of black wash I saw Major Props use on his next suit. Using mineral spirits and black acrylic paint I have gotten a black wash that has been super easy to control but also adds a lot of depth to my suit.

1717295307258.png
20240601_214418.jpg
20240601_214303.jpg
20240601_214225.jpg
20240601_214216.jpg
20240601_215649.jpg
20240601_214152.jpg
20240601_214146.jpg
20240601_214134.jpg

(The last photo is meant to compare pre-weather vs weather blue)

I do have a date to officially deploy the suit at the HCS Atlanta Major hosted by FaZe Clan. The major starts July 26th, and I am honestly shocked I will be able to attend the major in costume! Though with that being said I can't slack now so next month I will be working on finishing weathering and rigging the suit. Take care and thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 1717294064528.png
    1717294064528.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240601_215115.jpg
    20240601_215115.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 38
End of June update:

Another month ends, which means it's time for another update! Unfortunately, this will be a short update with no pictures as I want to save what I have for a bigger reveal later this month at HCS Atlanta!
Suit rigging is nearly complete. I need to get the shins in order, and then I am all set. Thanks to NobleofDeath16 for the links to what I ordered for rigging. The system is simple with a H-Harness to hold up my thighs with magnetic buckles. I still need to do some practice runs with putting the suit on and off myself but I can mostly do it myself which I think is huge!
Another big part of rigging the suit is padding for the suit which for the first time I made all by myself! Using a combo of upholstery foam, nylon fabric, and a needle/thread I was able to create custom padding. While the process is a bit tedious I get a surprising amount of fun with making cushions.
Another big first for this suit is that I got helmet fans installed! As ArcSol and EmpFrosty recommended Henry's Helmet fans work absolute wonders! They were noisier than I had anticipated, but they will keep my visor clear. Depending on how Atlanta runs I might invest in some chest fans for extra coolant.
I can't wait to show off the suit later this month! Thank you to everyone who's been following along!

Just to give a little tease of what's to come here's a look at the weathered AR!!
1719890241595.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back