FirePhoenix's helmet using Flying squirl's model ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I'm continuing this post here :)

I just bondo-ed a second layer on it and I'm pretty satisfied.. I'm gonna sand and paint it tomorrow :)

Anyways here are some pics

SIDE
DSCN1268.jpg

SIDE 2
DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1272.jpg

FRONT
DSCN1260.jpg

Comparisation
comparisation.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Bondo layer 1
yay2.jpg

After Resin
Yay.jpg

Cya :)

P.S.

Please leave some comments =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Way better then I have...which is just 15 pages of a new helm (Slyfo's helm is too detailed for a mere beginner to construct).

Thanks guys, I will have my helmet finished by tomorrow :)

only thing left to do is sand it abit and paint it.
after that i will do leds/fans/vents.

im using the halo 2 helmet on the peparuka tutorial that is stickied and it doesnt have some of the details that your helmet has, is it possible to add them or should i just do the halo 3 one?

Im doing Flying squirl's halo 3 helmet and i suggest just doing the Halo 3 helmet. Its alot simpler than adding details after folding.

what Bondo are you using? because its so white, looks like it doesnt have hardener in it. they make white cream hardener, but man thats hard to get a proper mix with.

MandoMan531 said:
what Bondo are you using? because its so white, looks like it doesnt have hardener in it. they make white cream hardener, but man thats hard to get a proper mix with.

haha, well in Holland we don't have Bondo, i'm using a putty of the Brand: Alabastine... i think it's a dutch only brand =P

looking good. ;) im glad to see people managing to do it. the filler your using, is it kind of powdery, dries by air, dissolves realy easy with water and is supprisingly light? if so i know the stuff, can be damn hard to get a realy smooth finish on it but then again, his armour doesnt realy have a very smooth finish anyway. good work, keep it up and keep posting picks! i wanna see how this turns out. :)

Murakumo said:
looks way better than mine. how long did it take you to sand all of that?

lol i didn't sand yet...

flying squirl, it is a really sticky kind of filler... really though putty

his armour doesnt realy have a very smooth finish anyway

do you mean mine?

hmmm, interesting, i cant think of an equivelent. does it need a hardener? oh and no i ment the MC's armour doesnt have a very smooth finish on it. especialy since he jumped and made a human commet out of himself!

flying_squirl said:
hmmm, interesting, i cant think of an equivelent. does it need a hardener? oh and no i ment the MC's armour doesnt have a very smooth finish on it. especialy since he jumped and made a human commet out of himself!

yeah it uses the same hardener as the one for resin :)

tada:

Mats:
Dingen.jpg

Putty:
DSCN1278.jpg

It looks smooth and easy to use but omg its though

FirePhoenix NL said:
yeah it uses the same hardener as the one for resin :)
It looks smooth and easy to use but omg its though
same hardener? odd. heh, yea i can kinda see the texture, looks a bit like very sticky and thick cake iceing.

what you see in the helmet pictures is this + the spray putty on top off it.. the spray putty cleans up small holes etc :) really nice stuff, makes it very easy to see the texture..

tomorrow i will do this:

sand till its smooth like hell
spray putty everything
spray the silver primer/paint
tape some silver parts (battle damage details)
spray the camouflage dark greenish paint :)

Aargh, i can't get it smooth.. there's allways a little hole somewhere ><

anyone who has some tips on how to get it smooth without pits showing up everywhere? =P

It's all in the application of the Bondo. If you've ever spackled, you know you cant work it too much. Same with Bondo. Careful not to incorporate air when you mix and apply it. I'm putting up a post on my secret Bondo technique...

Oh and you can use a layer of Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty to Smooth it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back