Fireryne's Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Clean Peps, wish I could do it half as well !

Thanks, tweezers are your best friend. I score my edges with a x-acto, then use the tweezers to fold the angles. I put the tweezer right up to the line that im folding then, work my way down folding a little bit at a time. The Right angles takes 3-4 passes of me using the tweezers to get the angle in. But don't rush it, I just happen to have a lot of time. It works wonders.

Figured i would update with the Front of the Helpmet so far
IMAG0080_zpscf5c80e5.jpg

The Nightly Update- got a ton of the pep for the helmet done today. I split the top and bottom so that it will be easier to join the two pieces in one finial step.

Top and Bottom Rear Vier
IMAG0084_zpsd420a5fd.jpg

Top and Bottom Front View
IMAG0083_zps2126e48e.jpg

Now at about 30 hours total the helmet is complete.

Side Complete
IMAG0087_zps4a5044fa.jpg

Front Complete
IMAG0085_zps61923393.jpg

Will be starting torso either tomorrow or the next day.

WOW that is a really nice pep i can't wait to see more!

Thanks! Its tweeked about 3mm to the right in the pic, to be honest, but its also my very first build. but i figure i can put some cross bars in and move it back.

So after cleaning the house today, I had to do some shopping for some new blades for my x-acto. It should have been a quick trip to the store but alas it wasn't. Three hours later and four stores, found some blades and picked up some superglue. Figured i would try superglue instead of hot glue since im still finding glue webs. I did get some work done on my torso. its not huge progress but i think there cleaner then my helmet. I got more done then just the three pics im posting this time but i did learn some things on the helmet that i'm putting to use on the torso.

IMAG0088_zps94fabe24.jpg

IMAG0089_zps15fd05da.jpg

IMAG0090_zps7261f9d3.jpg

Hey everyone, here is the update on my build. Started the torso. and like i said i switched to superglue and man has my PEP'ing gotten so much better with it. So here are the pics of what i have gotten do so far.

The Front.
IMAG0094_zpsb61f6590.jpg

The Rear.
IMAG0095_zpscf1c41f5.jpg

This is a close up of a detail on the rear.
IMAG0096_zps78a0d9ea.jpg

Hope this inspires someone else. I know going through all the forum posts on here definitely inspires me.

I really like the super glue, it holds well, dries quickly, and leaves everything looking clean. It also forces you to internalize the concept of 'measure twice, cut once', which I clearly didn't on more than a few occasions. If you're delicate with an x-acto blade you can still separate a wrongly glued piece without doing too much damage to the piece, just don't screw up in that area a second time.

Didnt update last night was a bit too tired. But here is yesterday's and this mornings update.

The Front mostly done.
IMAG0097_zps08147124.jpg

No update today sorry for who ever follows this thread. I think i got one piece cut out was it. Ended up getting sick in the middle of the night and spent way to long being up and sick.

So after my Hiatus, well i did start college so didnt have a ton of free time as it was. I scrapped my Chest piece, it was pretty warped and my cats got to it. Also i am redoing my helmet because i didnt like how it fit when i got it all glued together. Also switched from Hot Glue to Super Glue. All i have to say is that its coming out way better and cleaner.

Sorry to hear about the scrapped build but at least you recognise and don't worry about the re-do.

Only advice I can offer is when you get to the resin/rondo/glass stage. Those supports are gonna save Ya life lol. But nice pep work and yeah superglue is my go too for pep now as well.

Keep it up

When I did my very first helmet, I used super glue and hated how it got all over my fingers and made them all yucky xD.

I would scrap anything my cats got to as well... -.-

Well the helmet that i started just a few days ago, well is way to big so now started my third helmet. But this one is the correct size, so excited about that.

temporary_zps37d75652.jpg

temporary_zps2e5c1268.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back