First armor build (Carter Helmet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewindr

Ive seen a few of the members Carter helmet builds and didnt really like them, not saying they were bad but they just seemed off from the actual helmet i see in game (when not playing Medal of honor :) ) so with a little browsing, re-sizing and a few adjustments i made my very own. I opted the 40000 creds for the blue visor lol. But over-all for my first try i think i did pretty good. I still have some work that needs too be done like paint the silicone seal i put around the visor, re-paint the comms unit and install the leds but i think this is far enough too post pics. Im a huge fan of the damaged look i think it adds character too the piece i used too have it looking brand new but it didnt feel right too me so i weathered it and im very happy with the end result. Next ill be doing the chest and shoulders. Then maybe make a quick Magnum (they seem fairly easy too make compared too the helm). I plan on making the whole suit but one step at a time. I may be a noob too these forums and armor building but ive been prop building since i was 14 so i know a thing or two. Just sucks im stuck too posting in the noob forums i plan on posting a few tuts on some of my techniques when i get the ability too. Tell me what you guys think about the helm id really appreciate some input from the armor making community.

100_2381.jpg

100_2380.jpg

100_2379.jpg

100_2381.jpg

100_2380.jpg

100_2379.jpg

looks a little out of shape and a bit to rounded on the edges, but good effort for your first try ^^ and what sort of props have you been making?

Im used too making weapon props, ive made everything from working blast cap or blank firing guns/ more metal work than this kind of thing- to prop swords, guns, knives,(made from a hard rubber mold) and leather pieces for costumes (I used too supply props too 5 local film makers that paid fairly well for being indie directors). Ive always wanted too make some armor though, just wasnt sure how, since its kind of hard to get your hands on a solid piece too do a mold i figured id make my own but instead of making a mold template i just went through with the whole thing, partly due to getting what i call Prop fever and just wanting too finish it right away.

For a first, thats pretty impressive. Hope you continue with a whole suit :)

Ill just say to fix up that attachment, makes the helmet look kiddish compared to the worn out paint job.

Hey thanks everyone for the positive feedback i really appreciate it, i fixed the attachment and will be posting pics as soon as i get home. I plan on working on the rest of the suit as soon as i get off my a$$ and go buy more cardstock.

Gosh, I wish my first helm came out this good. Your comm unit does look a bit cartoony (reminds me of Borderlands), but the weathering looks incredibly realistic. The blue visor was worth all 70000 credits.
Better lighting would help your photos, usually outside light is best, especially when it's overcast.

Thanks for the tip, i took some better photos and tried too replace the ones i have posted but it just sits there loading forever so i might just post them separately. I took these in a dark room with a crappy old camera i took some new ones with my phone huge improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back