First Build, GEN-II Recon Pep Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers!! It's certainly gotten a lot better than it was!

Just needs the "wings" on the back building and attaching and I'm onto Resining this bad boy!
Got some magnets on the way so that I can magnetise the armour so that it's actually useable ( can't get both shoulders through the bottom when stuck together!) just not sure whether I could possibly hinge the top shoulder area or whether it'd be stronger/safer/easier etc to just magnetise both areas??
or if I should do something completely different!

View attachment 33981View attachment 33982

Magnet seem like a good solution for the whole fitting issue, you're just going to want to make sure that you do a little bit of planning as to where you want them to go. After all, you don't want to have your chest piece all finished and then realize that there isn't a spot where you can put your magnets! You also need to make sure that your chest piece isn't too small, it isn't worth the time trying to get everything working if the piece isn't sized correctly.

Looking sharp, HF. I just finished optimizing the pep file for my torso, so I'm right behind you.

I was thinking about doing a hinge at the shoulders and a combination of magnets and clips for the bottom. Let me know what you end up doing because I'll be gleaning from your experience. Keep it up!

Looking sharp, HF. I just finished optimizing the pep file for my torso, so I'm right behind you.

I was thinking about doing a hinge at the shoulders and a combination of magnets and clips for the bottom. Let me know what you end up doing because I'll be gleaning from your experience. Keep it up!

Id have to do some research into hinges and I've no idea where to start with that, whereas I've seen a few things on magnets that I'm confident I could make work. We shall see

""Edit - Might be my topic but double posting bothers me.""

Also Printed out the "scaled" shoulders, They look a tad small in my opinion but we'll see...
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back