So I’ve made a few more posts but gonna just add those to the main post. I finished the biceps as well as the plates a while ago. I didn’t like how rough the cuts where so I bought some craft foam and covered the main plate with it and added the detail pieces. Not ideal but it doesn’t look terrible now I think.
Next step came the cod piece and the buttplate. Of the two, the buttplate came out nicer and was pretty fun to build. I actually messed up my scaling for the cod piece and had to rescale it up quite a bit. After I finished building then I hot glued the seams best I could and plasti dipped em.
one thing to try is nylon webbing and clips(for easy removal) to connect the thy pieces to the rest of the armor. it should help keep the thy pieces from sliding down on to your leg and onto the shin/knee pads.
Finally an update, works been killing me but I finally got to start on my second chest piece. My first attempt was too small so I had scaling to do and that was disheartening. Currently working gl on how to get the lower piece to connect.