First Completed Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehkru

Okay, so since my fiance (Drakku) is going to be attending GenCon as the Arbiter, we've decided I'll be going as the Chief, which of course means delving into the world of Pepakura. So here's a couple of images of the first piece I've completed just as a quick size tester. Got to say I'm pretty proud of how it turned out myself, being my first attempt, but second opinions are always nice.

As far as the build goes, the piece literally just fits over jeans on, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue with a much thinner undersuit on. That said, I am planning on adding a few centimeters to the height in Pep 3 and letting it adjust the other sizes too, as I think it's a smidgeon too small.

Photo-0083.jpg

And more a scale shot..

Photo-0084.jpg

Sorry about the terrible quality pictures, I only have a phone camera to work with for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 405th!

The size definately looks good, I agree with adding a few centimeters, but it seems to fit nicely.

Which models are you planing to use for the final pieces?

Nice work! Keep it up! :]

Thanks! Good to be here.

Not sure which HD files to use. I hear FS' are probably the most game accurate and since I am a stickler for accuracy I am leaning towards that for the helmet at least..

You might want to make it a bit bigger, a few cm, since you have to take into account the fiberglass layer and any padding you may add.

Yeah I'm planning to make it a bit bigger for that exact reason. Just finishing up the second test before work, will post a couple of pics later.

Not to sound like a broken record here, lol, but as others have said you'll definately want to upsize it just a little bit so that it'll fit properly after resining/fiberglassing and adding any padding.

Other than that, it looks good. I would strongly suggest you use FS' high-def/detail Pep files, since as you put it his are the most game-accurate.

As FemaleSpartan said, welcome to the 405th! Btw, I think it kewl you and your fiance are in this together (now I just have to find a gf that would like to get into this too, lol) ;)

looking good... yer on the right track! Sizing will forever be the boon of pep, but that's why God made straps, hinges, and elastic.

make sure you can move with comfort in the tester before pepping the final piece. you don't want to walk like the penguin...

good work... keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back