First foam build. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 10-20 bucks US for a basic one and I've seen high end ones as much as $200. you can get them at any art supply store. Maybe even at some hardware stores but not all. Online as well. Amazon for sure.

Wait, 20 dollars for plastidipping the whole suit?

I did use Mod Podge initially, which is about equivalent to Elmer's and water. However, I didn't even finish using one can of the dip variety of plastidip, and I used two or three coats of it on my armor after the Mod Podge. I suspect that amount would be sufficient to cover all the armor that -I- had, not including the helmet, as it was pepped.

I did use Mod Podge initially, which is about equivalent to Elmer's and water. However, I didn't even finish using one can of the dip variety of plastidip, and I used two or three coats of it on my armor after the Mod Podge. I suspect that amount would be sufficient to cover all the armor that -I- had, not including the helmet, as it was pepped.
Using cans versus spray versions are generally cheaper. They have far more coverage then aerosols.

Of course, considering that you can paint in whatever thickness you require. Only problem I've had regarding plastidip and mod podge is that the mod podge layer can crack if it is thick enough.

I've heard of using mod podge as a coating. Never tried it as i have never done foam builds. It's on my list
Of skills to learn. As for plastidip, I've used it on various projects mostly for grip. Never had it harden or crack
Remained flexible till I pretty much wore out the stuff which was a pretty long time. ANYWHO, good
luck.

Thank you!!
HELLO EVERYONE! I'm pleased to say that I've pretty much finished the helmet (just waiting for the visor to arrive from online.) I have started my torso build but I'm not sure if it's too small. I'm starting from the front. And it doesn't help I'm female, so I'm not sure how/where it's meant to sit properly?? (I just posted this from my phone. Will upload pics when I'm on my laptop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back