First mjolnir powered armour Mk VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know I'll have to check that. The file sends to the printer it just doesn't print properly.
Thanks

I've finally fixed it, i loaded up a earlier version of pepakura designer and that fixed the problem. However saying that i did print out the rest of the armour so incase it breaks again. Work has resumed on pep and is on going on fibre glassing the chest. i have photos of the completed forearms but i haven't put the photos on my laptop yet so there will be another update soon.

Wow its been a while since i posted, guess thats what halo 5 and fallout will do. Here are the long awaited photos of the forearms.
IMG_6074.JPGIMG_6075.JPGIMG_6076.JPGIMG_6077.JPGIMG_6078.JPGIMG_6079.JPGIMG_6080.JPGIMG_6081.JPG
IMG_6091.JPGIMG_6089.JPGIMG_6087.JPGIMG_6093.JPG
Also i have finished one of the shoulders, closing up the shield part was a pain.
IMG_6858.JPGIMG_6857.JPGIMG_6856.JPGIMG_6855.JPGIMG_6859.JPG

Wow, very nicely resined!
Also, I was quite surprised you just resined and fiberglassed and that's it. I was kinda awaiting the bondo/rondo stage. :D

The forearms look great fully painted and I think this is the reason why you didn't use r/bondo - it wasn't needed, right? They look marvelous, all the detail is there and now even painted - great! :D

Also... Damn, that shoulder pad looks very detailed, great work and now I'm curious about next stage. :D
May I ask how do you plan on resining it? Do you plan to cut it out later and then fill it inside or any other way? :D

I only use bondo on parts that are meant to be smooth, the thing with H4 armour is that there are so many little details and nooks and crannies that it would take a long time to sand out the detail with a dremel. Also i use epoxy putty to fill in holes and gaps in the pep. My forearms are quite long but skinny so i had to leave the pep file almost the same length, i had to cut up the sides and bring them closer together, then i used bondo to smooth over them. So yeah you're basically right.

I'm going to fibreglass the arm loop, then pour rondo down the support into the shield part. as well as the standard resin on the outside. Hopefully this will be enough, but if not i will have to do a couple layers of thin rondo on the outside.

Thanks

I only use bondo on parts that are meant to be smooth, the thing with H4 armour is that there are so many little details and nooks and crannies that it would take a long time to sand out the detail with a dremel. Also i use epoxy putty to fill in holes and gaps in the pep. My forearms are quite long but skinny so i had to leave the pep file almost the same length, i had to cut up the sides and bring them closer together, then i used bondo to smooth over them. So yeah you're basically right.

I'm going to fibreglass the arm loop, then pour rondo down the support into the shield part. as well as the standard resin on the outside. Hopefully this will be enough, but if not i will have to do a couple layers of thin rondo on the outside.

Thanks

Thanks for answering! This is what I thought as well. :D
Great thinking ;)
I can't wait to see more... but how are you going to pour rondo into the shoulder pad? Are you gonna resin it first and then cut open the part or any other way?

There is an opening in the circle bit then the bridge is hollow, so i can just pour it straight in

There is an opening in the circle bit then the bridge is hollow, so i can just pour it straight in

Oh, then it'll be easy! :D
You're lucky, as I'm doing my scouts shoulder armor there is literally no opening XD
On the side-note... I hope it won't get too heavy... :O Did you think about it?

Great job so far! Could you please give me the link for the shoulder+biceps file? thanks!

Hopefully not, i will have to do a good couple layers of resin on the bridge and surrounding parts to make sure its strong enough, then only rondo a little at a time to keep an eye on it.

Yeah of course. Heres the page with all the files on there. Im using shoulder V2, the one with it all as one piece with more detail.

Unfortunately i have run out of resin so I'm stuck doing just pep until my car is fixed and i can get some more, hopefully it will be this weekend but I'm so close to finishing fibreglassing the chest.

Thanks! I think I'll take something from this model for my shoulder+biceps...

Currently working on my own version of this same armor and only have the helmet done at the moment, your work is very promising for my future :D

Ive finally moved onto bondo stage on my chest, I've filled a couple holes with epoxy putty. i still have to harden the thruster to stick on and the abdomen part and bum part. Hopefully i will start on those tomorrow. Its really tempting to split it now but i know i need to wait till after i have finished hardening and attaching the thrusters. Im really pleased though at how well my fibreglassing skills have come along, this looks almost good. Ive got a lot of sanding to do now to make it nice and smooth for paint.
IMG_6865.JPGIMG_6866.JPGIMG_6867.JPGIMG_6868.JPGIMG_6869.JPGIMG_6870.JPGIMG_6871.JPG

Ive also finished pep on both shoulders, man its a pain to close those shield parts up. I've got a couple small holes that need filling with epoxy putty after its been hardened, then tomorrow ill start pep on the thighs.

IMG_6873.JPG

I hope everyone had a good christmas break and New Year. But now back to work. I haven't finished one thigh and am well on the way for the second. I have also started painting the chest as well. Im making a big push to finish the pep before the end of January. My photos aren't loading properly so they will be coming soon.

Here are the photos finally, i don't know why it takes so long for them to show up on a mac.
Theres the first coat of pier on the chest and one of the thrusters. As well as the completed thighs. Sorry some of them aren't in the right order

IMG_6931.jpgIMG_6929.jpgIMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6910.jpgIMG_6911.jpgIMG_6913.jpgIMG_6914.jpgIMG_6915.jpgIMG_6917.jpgIMG_6916.jpgIMG_6920.jpgIMG_6922.jpgIMG_6923.jpgIMG_6924.jpgIMG_6918.jpgIMG_6925.jpgIMG_6919.jpgIMG_6933.jpgIMG_6930.jpg

Finished the boots in two days, both long and hard, a full 16 hours of cutting for both. Heres the pics.

IMG_6935.jpgIMG_6934.jpgIMG_6936.jpgIMG_6938.jpgIMG_6937.jpg

However, i went to print of the shins this morning and found i didn't have cardstock, so they'll have to wait till tomorrow when i can get some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back