First ODST Kit

Eragon28

Howdy all, I am looking to build my first ODST kit and I am wondering if there are reccomendations for sellers on etsy, or other trusted sites/people to buy from as I do not have a 3D printer of my own. I am looking to have 3D Printed armor, as I am not a fan of EVA foam.

Also, where can I find some accurate soft parts and boots? Been looking everywhere but nowhere I've looked sells black multicam or the boots that (I think) they use.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Jacob

Howdy all, I am looking to build my first ODST kit and I am wondering if there are reccomendations for sellers on etsy, or other trusted sites/people to buy from as I do not have a 3D printer of my own. I am looking to have 3D Printed armor, as I am not a fan of EVA foam.

Also, where can I find some accurate soft parts and boots? Been looking everywhere but nowhere I've looked sells black multicam or the boots that (I think) they use.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Jacob
I know a lot of people starting out use the Sean Bradley kits. I would recommend being careful about who you choose if you go with a 3D print commission on Etsy. A lot of sellers on Etsy use the free files from thingiverse or other free stl websites that are non commercial without permission from the files creator.

As far as undersuits go I don't think you'll be able to get an exact matching BDU to what the ODSTs use in game. Most people end up using something close in color, typically just black.

Also for boots, depending on which game your ODST is from you may end up covering the boots or shoes you use with armor so pretty much any kind of boot will look pretty accurate.

Were you planning on trying to make something close to in game or where you going to go with your own color schemes and patterns?

There is also this cosplay guide put together for the Rookie from ODST:

I know a lot of people starting out use the Sean Bradley kits. I would recommend being careful about who you choose if you go with a 3D print commission on Etsy. A lot of sellers on Etsy use the free files from thingiverse or other free stl websites that are non commercial without permission from the files creator.

As far as undersuits go I don't think you'll be able to get an exact matching BDU to what the ODSTs use in game. Most people end up using something close in color, typically just black.

Also for boots, depending on which game your ODST is from you may end up covering the boots or shoes you use with armor so pretty much any kind of boot will look pretty accurate.

Were you planning on trying to make something close to in game or where you going to go with your own color schemes and patterns?

There is also this cosplay guide put together for the Rookie from ODST:

I was planning on just being standard ODST colors of Black with a white Stripe for now. And thanks!

At least in the case of the Sean Bradley kit, you're essentially just putting toe caps on an existing set of boots to look screen accurate. Highly recommend getting whatever pair of black combat/hiking/work boots you'll be comfy in, makes a real difference when you're on your feet for a good chunk of the day.

As far as being accurate with the BDUs, most of what I've seen is people either custom making them from scratch or heavily modifying thermal underwear or rash guards.

Hope you have fun with your build, lookin forward to seein another ODST around!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back