First Pepakura Spartan Armor Project (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into the same problem with the thighs, but found that rather than scale up the entire piece, I could just modify the pep a little bit. First, I cut out the "ridged" section on the interior and replaced it with vinyl that was cut to fit my legs. This helped lower the profile a little so I could stand relatively normally. Second, I expanded the bottom ridge piece of the pep by freehanding some cardstock pieces. It worked to accommodate my legs, so the height stayed the same but with more width.

The velcro will probably have to be sitched in place to get it to stay, unfortunately. The only real alternative is a harness system to hold it all up, which requires even more sewing but does hold pieces pretty tightly in place.

I still haven't gotten my boots to work yet so I'm afraid I'll be of no help there, but hopefully you can work the issue out and enjoy the suit you've worked so hard on!

I ran into the same problem with the thighs, but found that rather than scale up the entire piece, I could just modify the pep a little bit. First, I cut out the "ridged" section on the interior and replaced it with vinyl that was cut to fit my legs. This helped lower the profile a little so I could stand relatively normally. Second, I expanded the bottom ridge piece of the pep by freehanding some cardstock pieces. It worked to accommodate my legs, so the height stayed the same but with more width.

The velcro will probably have to be sitched in place to get it to stay, unfortunately. The only real alternative is a harness system to hold it all up, which requires even more sewing but does hold pieces pretty tightly in place.

I still haven't gotten my boots to work yet so I'm afraid I'll be of no help there, but hopefully you can work the issue out and enjoy the suit you've worked so hard on!

I appreciate the tips. I definetly have heard of the harness system and at this point it looks like that's what I'm gonna have to use to hold my thigh pieces in place. I don't have the kind of time to rebuild another set of thigh pieces from scratch nor do I have the time to learn how to sew (seeing as how I made this armor to wear it at New York Comic Con and that's literally about 20 days away). So any idea as to where I could go to buy a set of straps and clips (if that's what they're even called, lol)?

Just another update, we painted the emblem I use on Halo on my right shoulder piece and the Puerto Rican flag on the left shoulder piece. Gotta represent :) lol. But yeah, I'll post up pics of those later.

Still wondering if anyone could tell me where I can buy a set of straps/clips/buckles to use to keep my armor from sliding everywhere. I'm guessing maybe Home Depot or Ace Hardware? If anyone knows of another place, please let me know asap. Kinda running sort on time. NYCC is right around the corner, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back