First post First build

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by Lyhtem, Nov 18, 2014.

1. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

I'm sticking to F3 and F3:NV mostly because that's my nostalgia bomb. Currently working on a Pipboy 3000 and Euclid's C-Finder for my Courier costume.

Lyhtem likes this.
  2. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

i started with classics 1, 2 and Tactics, my next project will be Turbo Plasma Rifle from F1/F2 and then some more guns :)

TurboCharizard likes this.
  3. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

UPDATES UPDATES

19511567_435350310185289_2688405526097400112_n.jpg

4. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

IT`S DONE well sort of:) all i need now is picatinny Rail and a set of iron sights :)

Attached Files:

Yeexsters and TurboCharizard like this.
  5. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Testing Some glues right now:) fortunately Gorilla Company was so kind they sent me some free samples to test out :) will post the results when testing is done :)

6. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

IT`S DONE:) M72 Gauss Riffle :) now its time to smooth and paint:)

gauss 1.jpg gauss.jpg

7. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

This Time Not Fallout Related :)

Devil May Cry Ebony & Ivory

Ebony and Ivory 19987593_10213594746927041_1936330988_n.jpg

8. canislatrans

canislatrans New Member

9. Artifice

Artifice 405th Regiment Officer

Ah 3D printed props always look so clean! How's the helmet coming along ?

10. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Well the old project got scrapped, will be printing whole Power Armour now :p and yes they look clean as long as You have decent files to print :D

and some news from today, made for commission 19224780_450515875335399_1059205837517961382_n.jpg

11. Artifice

Artifice 405th Regiment Officer

Lol yes that does help!

12. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Yet I don`t understand some people that say, that 3D printing is cheating, that its easy mode of doing props, and nobody seem to realize how much work needs to be put into some designs

SI3RRA 117 and TurboCharizard like this.
  13. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

I can kind of see their point of view if their knowledge of the 3D printing world is go search on MyMiniFactory, download, print, cosplay. That's definitely easy mode.

Where I get mad is when people say, "Oh you just printed that?". No, I didn't just print it. I spent 5-10 hours preparing a digital model based on an obscure screen shot, used knowledge I've built up over years on how to best print it, smoothed and sanded it for another god knows how long, added electronics and then painted it over the course of several days. There's plenty of skill required to make a printed piece look good and it's time consuming to do it just like any other craft. Just because I get a machine to precision build a part doesn't make any part of this easy. If it looks easy, then I must be doing my job well. </rant>

SI3RRA 117 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  14. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

yeah that`s true allot of people work on principle of download and print, where i sometimes do that for the sake of saving time, most of my stuff i worked on for hours, if not months learning how to use zBrush (lucky enough i can use my old company floating licence) and yet i hear sometimes oh You just printed that, not to mention time i spent Building my printer and tuning it in

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  15. gamingfreak

gamingfreak New Member

This is so cool, I can see that it is almost done, can't wait to see the finish product. :cool:

16. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Well, gun was already sent to new owner :) as he wanted to finish and paint it himself:) but definitely there`ll be more :)

17. Hibson

Hibson

Looks fantastic so far! Can't wait to see more :)

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  18. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Been a while :) but been busy as well:)
    Whole set of weapons from Supernatural:)
    20525211_10213842499680705_3554950834078858870_n.jpg

Hibson likes this.
  19. Hibson

Hibson

Sweet!!! Did you print those yourself? :)

Dirtdives likes this.
  20. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Yes, all printed myself, although those are downloaded models with only little tweaks done by me, soon will post something of my own design, but first need to wait for filament to arrive :) 10kg on the way:)

21. Hibson

Hibson

Wow, that is so cool! How long did it take to print each of them?

Dirtdives likes this.
  22. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

not that long, well depending on which one, the whole supernatural set took about 3 days, well 3 evenings/afternoons

23. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Long Time no write, Been away for holiday, and its time to get some work done :D working on couple of things right now, first of, need to finish some commission work, then I'm nearly done Modeling Kriss Super V, then will be doing Classic Fallout 2 Plasma Pistol, also known as Plasma Defender from New Vegas, and after that there will be some Fallout Tactics Goodies :D YES Finally will get to print that LOVELY MIDWESTERN POWER ARMOR HELMET!!!

24. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

As promised, My take on Plasma Pistol / Plasma Defender from Fallout 2 Fallout NV

Still Need to finish detailing and tweaking few things and its ready for printing :)

1.png

25. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

123.jpg

And Finished detailed Model, now time to prepare it for printing:)