(First post) Legendary Ed. related (I can wear it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsuyosa

Blue Realm had been posting his progress on his stuff over there so that's how I found out about this forum. It's a nice little setup :)
I actually jumped over here from the RPF, so this is a copy & paste from there.
anyway, copypasta away!

***Anybody else get the Halo: Legendary Edition??

The helmet is AWESOME (as well as the game), And you know, alot of people are saying that they wish that the helmt was bigger, or wearable.

Well, There are VERY few times where I can say that i have thought to myself... "man, i'm so glad my head is so tiny". But this has been one of those times. :-D

Apparently the folks at MR must have HUGE heads, becuase 3/4 scale means it's perfect for me!

*EDIT 2* (New pic added without the funky foreshortening that was throwing off the helmet scale.
Photo7.jpg

I'll Post more pics as I do more to convert this to something that is wearable, currently without the screws or inner support structure it's falling apart (and I Can't see shI7 either!) Duct tape will fix that temporarily (and for more pictures to follow :p

*EDIT*
I suck at taking videos... well, at least with my phone. Sorry, just turn your heads X)
PART I: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyo...nt=MOV00010.flv
PART II: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyo...nt=MOV00012.flv

FINISHED Product (almost):
*you might want to turn OFF your volume for this one (annoying feedback)*
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyo...nt=MOV00009.flv

Looks coo.. I actually have 2 legendary in a box and one helmet.. I don't know why, but I went on a spending spree.. Oh well, I'll figure out something to do with them..

My advice is that you could try to take the lens area out, and cast a mold of it. Then create a lens you can see out of and tint it so people cant see you, but you can see them.

te Flying Ninja said:
i got legendary, how didyou do that and where do you unscrew it or whatever you did?

You have to start by taking the bottom cover part off (9? screws total there), which covers all the innards. Then it's a process of taking side pieces off (most of them snap together with tabs) to get at the screws that hold the center block in.
I got that far and no farther. Too many tiny screws, plus once you take the center block out, all that holds the whole thing together is the tabs around the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just read that the helmet is actually a 3/4 scale of the orignal?

Could ANYONE please confirm this with real info. That particular pieco of info would mean the world to me! Seriously!!! PM me if you must!

Anyways. Very nice picture, actually looks good on you. Not too much out of poportions.

Congrats.

is there a way to cast the legendary edition helm and then bring it up to 4/4 scale? that seems like it would take a lot of work, but would bypass the sculpting of the helm, and you could make as many fully accurate helmets as you wanted!

tsuyosa said:
I'll Post more pics as I do more to convert this to something that is wearable, currently without the screws or inner support structure it's falling apart (and I Can't see shI7 either!) Duct tape will fix that temporarily (and for more pictures to follow :p

Im in the process of doing this and what i suggest is using silicone that are for bathtubs and stuff like that or w/e and put it in all the cracks on the inside then put padding over all the dry silicone and wala

i too have done the impossible: bought legendary from best buy for only $30. yes 30, they were desperate to get rid of them. i dont even have a 360... undid all the tabs, unscrewed all 40+ screws, used Gorilla Glue to put it back together...

it fits my head perfectly as well. i had to dremel the stems on the inside so i wouldnt feel like im in an iron maiden.

i have used air conditioning insulating foam thingies in my clonetrooper helmet that worked well, just need some thinner ones for the legendary. anyways my problem now is the lens/visor also. since NOBODY has a perfect 'bubble' effect in thier lenses, and its damn hard to get it that way, i thought about using celluloid (that clear overhead projection/cartoon stuff yknow) and putting yellow/gold/mirror window tint...

the down side with this is one accidental blow to the face would possible crease the celluloid. now im foruming around to find an alternative using motorcycle replacement visors, but theyre just to big.

too bad they dont have child size gold mirrored visors, otherwise that would be perfect for our helms.

TK-3350 said:
Did I just read that the helmet is actually a 3/4 scale of the orignal?

Could ANYONE please confirm this with real info. That particular pieco of info would mean the world to me! Seriously!!! PM me if you must!

oh by the way, it says on the box "includes a scaled replica..." yet it doesnt say what scale. 3/4 may not be correct.

UNSC Certified said:
lock please!!!

I am just going to say this, for those that post things, not contributing to the thread, such as Necroposter wow!, This is Spam, Yo!! MODzor lock this before I ownz all your bases... these are considered spam as well. No one wants to be dragged into a thread just to see that.

Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back