first slice attempt Pic abundant

Status
Not open for further replies.

wook111

Jr Member
first slice attempt Pic abundant *new info*

*edit*
i have created an Assault rifle Slice finally by using the Pdo created by Calle_S exporting the obj file from it creating a 3ds file from it using meshlab.

Here
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Then i Imported it into Google Sketchup IMPORT NOT OPEN!!!
for this slice idea to work you need to download a plugin for google sketchup called slicer here....
http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/07/sketchup-plugins-slice-your-model.html

Then fiddle with the slicer settings but the slice width must be 0mm as the spacing is actually what your material will be not the width... if you set the width you will end up having a pep file to fold and not a slice

Then after slicing in sketchup export as a dae file .... i think they call it calledra or something im unsure ... either way it starts with a c under 3d export

then open the newly exported file with mesh lab again convert it to an obj save it

open the obj with pepakura unfold and scale to the correct dimension length..... since it did come from a correct 3d file before you only have to mess with the length as the lengths are displayed on the wiki :) happy slicing

heres my AR im unsure as to do much else with it right now like multipage etc or maybe i unfolded incorrectly i dont know but i love to perfect things :) any help on the pdo file is appreciated but dont go claiming/stealing my work on slicing please .... if i found it stolen link will be taken down and replaced with a passworded RAR with the file inside in its place

http://www.4shared.com/file/OC6UIX_t/AssaultRifle_Calle_s_SLiced_BY.html

PEPPED.png

YOU MAY MODIFY THIS AND REPOST WITHOUT ASKING ME BUT MAKE SURE CREDIT IS GIVEN WHERE IT IS DUE... ESPECIALLY YO THAT CALLE GUY AS WELL AS MYSELF ;)

*edit*
and yes i do know that all the pieces are on a single sheet... this pic was before it was scaled... the pdo file is also needing scaling and pieces shifted to sit for your liking
will be adding numbers so you know what order they go in on next release of file

but for now i can finally sleep :) ni ni cortana ;)

looks good but i would suggest slicing it length wise so there's less cutting thus making the build slightly easier.

looks good but i would suggest slicing it length wise so there's less cutting thus making the build slightly easier.
ok lol ... even if i do slice it the other way i still have no idea on how to print it :p

*edit*

here it is the otherway as well if someone would assist me in how to print it that would be awsome :p
ARV2.obj

all you need to do is bring the slices into pepakura, size the model correctly and cut each peice down to fit it all on the paper then print, cut and glue onto cardboard. i suggest taking a look at some other sliced models to figure it all out, L3X has some really good examples in his thread here
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ep-Files-(New-Sliced-Spiker)?highlight=sliced
and i have a thread showing my build of his sliced sniper rifle

i can't seem to import the second sliced file into pepakura, anyone know how to fix this?
you seem do be doing good work, keep practicing and maybe try some things that people haven't done yet. keep it up.

all you need to do is bring the slices into pepakura, size the model correctly and cut each peice down to fit it all on the paper then print, cut and glue onto cardboard. i suggest taking a look at some other sliced models to figure it all out, L3X has some really good examples in his thread here
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/14949-L3X's-Sliced-Weapon-Pep-Files-(New-Sliced-Spiker)?highlight=sliced
and i have a thread showing my build of his sliced sniper rifle

i can't seem to import the second sliced file into pepakura, anyone know how to fix this?
you seem do be doing good work, keep practicing and maybe try some things that people haven't done yet. keep it up.

i love the fact that you seem to be atm the only one to help me out or give me critisizm ... kudos to you :) * edit* yes that is odd i cant seem to import the obj file into pep either :(

no problem, i think you need to make sure that the slices aren't just paths but that they're actually polygons. from the screen shot you posted it seems that they're paths.

im unsure as how to do that :p this rhino prgram is new to me...im usually a movie effects guy creating stuff in after effects or vaccuu forming stuff lol

ok well i haven't done any work with rhino so i'm not sure either. you'll have to wait until someone else pops into this thread.
i'm also an after effects guy!

For file conversions to a pepakura accepted format download meshlab and mess with it for a few minutes til you can figure out how to convert whatever your filetype is into a .obj file then open that in pep designer.

I wouldn't mind if you released the file in two versions for vertical and horizontal slices, it seems like a lot more detail and shape carries over with horizontal slices.

New to all this and I looked but could not find the answer to this question. Are sliced models made up of layers and stacked together? I have this image in my head of layers of cardboard each a little different so when they are stacked they look like the model. Am I close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back