First time, have a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperVector6

Heya! Just starting out building some armor. I wanted to use foam as my medium since I do not have a 3d printer. I found a foam file for a scout helmet from reach but I'm not sure how to convert it from 3d to a 2d template. Is there any easy way to do this or will I have to do it myself? I bought and downloaded armorsmith to view the pdo file.

There should be an unfold option in armoursmith and most files from the armoury are already unfolded.

It's the pattern layout tab, just above the top left of the viewport thing with your avatar in it.

We've also got Reach Scout unfolds in the armory. I definitely encourage you to learn to unfold 3D models first, to get some experience, but if you want, here is a link to the files we have here.

Thank you for the quick reply! I know HD foam is usually recomended for this but has anyone had any experience with just normal cosplay foam rolls you can get from a craft store?

Thank you for the quick reply! I know HD foam is usually recomended for this but has anyone had any experience with just normal cosplay foam rolls you can get from a craft store?
Foam rolls are good. I have use some before on mine. I like to use the casual foam mats though and rolls for details and such

Depends on the brand of foam - cosplay foam is different to, say foam mats as they are generally higher density and have less defects. The trade-off is, of course, price. What other brands of cosplay foam do they have? I have heard lots of good things about SKS Prop's HD foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back