First Time Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dox

Hey all, I've been a lurker since about 2009, (Forgot my old account details), and have finally decided that I'm going to commit and make this damn thing. Unfortunately for the sanctity of my suit, however, I lurked only threads of completed awesome looking suits, and have very little knowledge of the actual process beyond pepakura\fiberglass\something\awesome suit of armour, so I thought I'd make this in the hopes that I could get a basic rundown of what I need, and the order I should do things in.

The basic premise of the project is to make a suit that's very similar to Emile, in terms of being savage-looking, with a few tweaks here and there, (I happen to own a very large kukri that I think would look great attached to a suit of armour...). As I'm not at home at the moment, (In fact I'm not in the same country as my home), I can't upload any pictures, however the moment I get back I'll be buying stuff and starting this baby up, so again, if someone could be so kind as to give me a general shopping list, and a basic how to, I'd love you forever and carve your name into my naughty bits.

Maybe.

Thanks! I did see that thread and most of the others, however the list seemed massive and i wasnt sure that id need everything on it! In terms of the most basic of basic raw materials that ill need, would it be possible for a... Comprehensive... List :) if not ill work it out myself when i get home in a week, im just excited to 'start' now!

And if i can give you some advice, don't start out on that awesome looking, very complicated helmet you saw in the elite section. Start out small, like a glove, or a kneepad. Get a feel for it. That's how i started. And the first piece might not look the way you wnat, or isn't good enough. Just try again! practice makes defenitly better ^^

Fear not, I know to start small! Thanks for the links Rabbit, I'll be referring to them later, now all there is to do is read and wait... This thread will serve as a placeholder for when i start production :)

Just a quick update, I've come up with a plan for the build I want to go for, basically a modified SPI suit, themed on the Headhunters. If anyone has references or anything, that'd be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back