Halo Reach Armor Build (First Project)

Just another small pictureless update.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to print anything else out since I just moved to a new place. But, my printing station is now set up and ready to go so I should be able to resume the printing very soon.

I will likely be reprinting the shin pieces out, since they are what failed last time and will post update pictures once they are finished.

See you around. ;)
I feel it, having to readjust is a bit of a pain. Can’t wait to see it!

Man this build is amazing! I'm currently trying to print Emile's helmet from reach, any advice? anyway great looking helmet!
Thanks! If I had any advice to give, it would be to definitely expect failed prints, but to keep pushing on anyways. I finally have my printer settings figured out to where 8/10 prints are pretty flawless but it took a bit to get there.

Some other advice I would give is to make sure that you have a good layer height set. I did too big of a layer height for my helmet, which caused it to have some pretty jagged spots that are going to be a pain to sand out and made the accessories unusable, which I'll be reprinting.

Another bit of advice would be to use tree supports instead of the normal ones. It saves a significant amount of time when removing the supports and from my experience also saves filament.

Best of luck with the Emile helmet!!

Thanks! If I had any advice to give, it would be to definitely expect failed prints, but to keep pushing on anyways. I finally have my printer settings figured out to where 8/10 prints are pretty flawless but it took a bit to get there.

Some other advice I would give is to make sure that you have a good layer height set. I did too big of a layer height for my helmet, which caused it to have some pretty jagged spots that are going to be a pain to sand out and made the accessories unusable, which I'll be reprinting.

Another bit of advice would be to use tree supports instead of the normal ones. It saves a significant amount of time when removing the supports and from my experience also saves filament.

Best of luck with the Emile helmet!!
Thanks a lot! You too! Also what layer height would you recommend?

Thanks a lot! You too! Also what layer height would you recommend?
I use between .12 and .15 for my layer height. The first of which I use for smaller accessory pieces and the second I use for everything else. I used to do .2 but that gave me the extremely obvious layer lines, but a fast print time.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back