Flaming hayabusa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
27985642-Full.jpg

If you ignite yourself like this...

27985876-Full.jpg

Expect THIS. Weyland's Flaming Teabag.

Last edited by a moderator:
A noble idea, but what the hell were you thinking, Finnish? I suppose though if it controls the noob population.....hrm...mwahahahaha

exactly, weed out the: triple postin,repeat thread makin,zombie threadin,bad spellin NOOBS that dont have a clue how to make armor anywho...I like it:lol:

Master_Chief_13 said:
exactly, weed out the: triple postin,repeat thread makin,zombie threadin,bad spellin NOOBS that dont have a clue how to make armor anywho...I like it:lol:
Yeah we could totally scare of the noobs!!! Mwuahahahahhaaaaaararhahahaaaaaaa!!!! *couf* remeber it was my idea...

-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, you must be proving natural selection if you pour gasoline on a spray painted fiberglass helmet and light yourself on fire.

i second Weylands WHOLE idea, he seems to have common sense.

in case there are (im not gonna be politically correct, am i?) retards in the audience, let me make a simple equation.

Gasoline + Fire = KABOOM!!!!!!!!

how do you think a car moves? internal combustion.

oh, and bunson burners are just as bad. they can do serious damage if left unattended (example- strapping it to your HEAD!)

Just so you know, a flame (dosent matter what color it is) is hundreds of degrees fahrenheit, so even a yellow flame is friggin hot.

bad idea. Close this, NOW before someone thinks about doing this. this may be just a theory, but you know someone will google this and think "hey, thats not a bad idea. LETS TRY IT!"

on the other hand, it would help weed out the noob population.....but its not worth a couple dozen lawsuits over.

This will not end well. Formula one racers still suffer sever burns when their vehicle catches on fire. That material is NOT fireproof. It is merely fire-resistant. It will burn through over (not a lot of) time. The purpose of that material is to allow an extra minute or two for the driver to escape.

Professional stunt men that ignite themselves for movies wear several layers of this material, coat it in fire-resistant jelly, and put more layers on. And even then they can't burn any longer than about 4-5 minutes. If you go out and try this for yourself, you WILL get injured. I would honestly hate to see anyone on this board to get themselves injured over anything so ****ing stupid.

Please don't go out and do this.

Why is this in the noob forum? This does seem dangerous, I don't think that much good could come out of this. I mean, you even said in the first post not to do it so what benefit does that really have to any of us?

ok im not condoning this or saying I am going to do this. I am stating this as corrections to some comments on this thread. First of all, the heat from the flame is coolest at the very bottom in the middle, (from my high school chemistry teacher) hypotheticaly there is no heat at the bottom in the middle. The tip of the flame is the hottest part of the flame. Second, bunsen burners, (you spelled it right finnish) use lots of gas under pressure, which most likely can't be stored on, or in the armor. Third, as long you have the tip of the burner above the actual helmet and not where the flame can touch any of the helmet it wont melt the helmet. Fourth, I think as long as the resin has cured its very hard to actually light on fire and melt. Fifth, the formula 1 race gear is fire retardant, not fire proof. which means it can withstand heat and not burn whats behind it. A continuous source of heat, such has a bunsen burner, would burn through that. Sixth, the construction of a bunsen burner is too tall to fit in a helmet as the tube has to be long enough for the gas and oxygen and gas to mix correctly for the right flame. IT IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY A GOOD IDEA DO NOT TRY THIS EVER UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING ON DYING A HORRIBLY PAINFUL DEATH. Again these are all completely separate situations. If put togethor it is hazardous to your health and those around you.

Fiberglass resin doesn't burn but cracks like hell when you heat it quickly and at a high temp. (This is firsthand experience)

Anyway the 405th doesn't need to be tempting n00bs to light themselves on fire no matter how fun it would be to see. LOCKED

That being said I am totally going to light my hayabusa master once it gets molded. Gonna do it just to watch it burn :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back