Flu Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I got a flu shot, and everybody knows tha you have to cry. Unless you're el chupacabra or something. So then 2 weeks later ( now) i get a flu. Which pretty much sucks,because vommiting hurts. And everytime i go to sleep, i get this dizzy/ headache feeling.

Know any good remedies? Post the worsest flu you had, and what it did to you

HYDRATE.

...That probably won't do much for your stomach, but it will keep you from being dehydrated after you barf up today's lunch. Making your stomach absorb unnecessarily large amounts of water is the Navy's "cure-all" for everything, even broken bones and missing organs.

When I was little, my parents gave me 7-up when I had the flu. It was sugary, wet, and life-sustaining.

I didn't get a flu shot this year. I got to inhale it. The flu does not smell good. My arm also does not have a needle mark in it, nor does it hurt. :D

Queen, bad ju ju getting the nasal spray of the flu shot, my doc told that its a LIVE VIRUS!!!, thus you have a higher chance of it turning into the flu or something worse(H1N1) recommend any of you who got a flu shot and have the flu go to a walk in clinic and get some blood tests to see if your ok, wouldn't want any of the 405th members to kiel over and die because they got a shot to prevent them from dying, Irony.

unholykey said:
Queen, bad ju ju getting the nasal spray of the flu shot, my doc told that its a LIVE VIRUS!!!, thus you have a higher chance of it turning into the flu or something worse(H1N1) recommend any of you who got a flu shot and have the flu go to a walk in clinic and get some blood tests to see if your ok, wouldn't want any of the 405th members to kiel over and die because they got a shot to prevent them from dying, Irony.

Actually, the LIVE VIRUS, is either diabled, weaken, or in a very small dose. It's so that your body can make the right antibody, or learn how to fight it when you get it again. Thats why getting sick, sometimes is good.

WOOOO, i'm ready for me science test

Last edited by a moderator:
I just caught a bug on Tuesday. Guess what it was... It starts with an "S".

The answer is... Strep throat! No idea how I managed to get it, nobody else around me has it. It's drained me quite a bit, though. I slept from 9 PM Wednesday to 3 PM Thursday afternoon. Full 16 hours of sleep. It felt quite nice.

unholykey said:

You can't get the REAL flu from the vaccine. You get a mild version of it if you do get sick so your body can generate antibodies for the real deal. The real flu kills people. Also, I did not have a choice in vaccines. The government decided for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on my fu, even though this is not a topic for that. But uh, while i was trying to sleep, i felt like i was being pushed away or floating. Then last night, all my dreams were just showing a picutre then zoomig away from it really fast. is that normal. Anyway I can't sleep, even when sick or not

...Uh. You might have a high fever? I hallucinated once when I had an extremely high fever. That's potentially bad.

Well, messed up dreams isn't specifically a symptom. The floating feeling is normal (for some people) when you're lying down and not moving for a while. As long as you're not actually having full blown hallucinations while you're awake.

I once made the mistake of eating an entire ham & cheese sandwich when I had the flu. I was feeling a lot better right after I ate it, but it all came back up an hour later.

Laze around, don't get stressed out or expend any energy, and drink LOTS of fluids. Recovery comes best when being a lazy pig. And... try not to infect anyone else.

Completely unrelated, but when I had appendicitis (fairly close to bursting, might I add), I had plenty of hallucinations and delusions. Also, the night I finally decided to go to the doctor, I couldn't sleep because my mind was filled with pictures of a Magikarp. I still have no freaking idea why, I hadn't even seen a Pokemon in years at the time. Quite scary.

But I haven't gotten any sort of vaccine in the past 9 years, and I'm fairing well. I hate needles.

I found out a couple days ago, more than a few, littler than a bunch, that i have SWINE FLU! Didn't anybody else get it ? Only one person in my school got it, and she was already ok when she came back to school.

When I come down with the flu I have found that pedialight drinks and pop sickles really help. Also Gatorade and some pepto chewable. With lots of rest and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back