Foam Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed pretty much all of my problems:

1. I moved the car out of the garage so that I can work in there (I also brought in a table and a chair). Now I have loads of free space.

2. I fixed the bumpy parts of the helmet using something familiar- sandpaper. Except that the sand paper I was using was shaped like a sponge, but it still worked perfectly.

Right when I was getting happy about all this, another problem jumped out of nowhere. The helmet seemed to be a bit too small. I kept on carving the inside to make more room, but I ended up with a crack near the front top part- which I can fix very easily, but I don't think I will. Why? Because it's so easy to make armour out of foam that I can just start a new, bigger one.

Maybe I'll think of fixing this one, but I don't think it'll be big enough.

PS: And If I have any other problems, I'll be sure to ask you blackrose.

Good you figured out the sandpaper. What we did was cut out the basic shaped with the knife and get it pretty fine in detail and then to make it Uber smooth we used ... i think it was 280 grit sandpaper. It workd great but leaves and even bigger mess thats harder to clean up lol. I suggest getting a chicken to do the clean up work for ya :]

I'll be on standby if you need me :]

hey 11011 where are the pictures at? i would like to see how this turned out, you sould you got some stuff done right?

You could cut the block in two carve out the in side draw out the helmet that way you know what size your doing,

DreadMullet said:
hey 11011 where are the pictures at? i would like to see how this turned out, you sould you got some stuff done right?

I'll try to get some pics, but don't get your hopes up, it doesn't look pro (still looks better that I had expected though). I'm just too lazy to get the camera, take pics, make an account on photobucket, upload them there and then show them here. I'll get to it when I'm not lazy lol.

And rob, I think I'm getting what you're saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back