[FOAM] S420's Halo Wars Mk IV build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to see a halo wars suit about since I saw the mkIV armor for the first time. This is looking really, really good, I love the shoulders. Keep it up! I'm definitely subscribing to this thread, I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Got a new job working 8 hours every day, so I have my hands full right now. On the upside, it means that I have a lot more funds to invest in this project.

-S420

Update: So after thinking of the best way to go about it for a week, I decided to just take the risk, and cover my right shoulder in craft foam. I only had one shot at this, as I had to especially buy a single XL sheet of the stuff to prevent any seams. With alot of heatforming, I was able to get the shape right but there were folds. I had to resort to making cuts, which I really didn't want to do, but I've started caulking the seams and I'm confident I can make it work. So I glued the whole thing down and pretty much got it as smooth as possible.

Rd1V0zd.jpg

rBpdtfY.jpg

PmI7S8e.jpg

As you can see I've cut out 4 slots that got covered by the craft foam, and sanded the edges down to clean them up. As for the 2 circles, I've decided to just use black screw-covers, as they look alot neater, and I've had a bad experience trying to cut circles. I'll buy some of those soon.

Next up is to do another layer of caulk to finally smooth those cuts up. Then I can clean up the outer edge, add the few details, and I'm done.

EDIT: Aw crap, double post. Sorry about that, especially considering I'm usually the one telling others not to do it.

Attachments

• Rd1V0zd.jpg
    Rd1V0zd.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 206
  • rBpdtfY.jpg
    rBpdtfY.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 214
  • PmI7S8e.jpg
    PmI7S8e.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 211
Sweet is it all going to be foam?

All but the helmet, due to the thickness of foam and the slim-line helmet design, using foam would be impractical. I'll be going with the typical Pepakura route for the helmet.

By the way guys, sorry I've been gone so long. I've been busy for the last few months working a second job and trying to sort out my living arrangements.
Luckily I'm in a position where I have funds & time to spare on my project again, so the build will go on! I hope I have some updates next time I post!

-S420

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back