FoamShep build for ME3 launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught a bit of your cast last night, it was fun watching you put together your thigh pieces. I see the duct tape body double is filling up nicely. Excellent work (especially considering this was done in 2 weeks). Reapers beware!

I caught a bit of your cast last night, it was fun watching you put together your thigh pieces. I see the duct tape body double is filling up nicely. Excellent work (especially considering this was done in 2 weeks). Reapers beware!

Thanks Nessy, I appreciate you stopping by. I think for 2 weeks I did an amazing job, but wearing it I found that there are some thiongs I can improve.

First thing, Sorry this update is taking so long. Everytime that I went to post, somethign else came up that pulled me away from it. Onto the actually update.

The last thing to do was to make the thighs. Thankfully I had just enough foam to make them without screwing up. I had to do some modifications to them first in order to get them a little more game accurate. Mostly it was creating the foam inserts in the middle, ass well as creating a new butt plate and circlepiece for the top.
photobucket-41275-1330932514102.jpg

photobucket-27970-1330932592074.jpg

The red foam insert were a bit of a hassle. I outlined and cut them, but still had trouble getting them in there. The circlular pieces were also not fun, not the best at drawing circles. They still came out good in my opionin, even though they are free hand. I ran one of the thicker pieces of nylon through them and attached a buckle in order to keep it in place.

photobucket-36964-1330932652987.jpg

photobucket-13967-1330932701403.jpg

Last up was strapping. I used some of the thin red craft foam I used for detail to make the strapping tabs on the thighs. 12 in all.

photobucket-32540-1330932734928.jpg

photobucket-27788-1330932774667.jpg

and all together? th_photobucket-25675-1330932456317.jpg

But that picture doesnt't do it any justice. It needs to be on a actual person. So on launch day I went ahead and wore it.

008.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Suit is fairly comfortable, but gets a bit hot. Like I said earlier, it needs some modifiactions to be worn longer such as putting elastic and buckles for the sides, redoing the N7 logo (I was making the paint masks late the night before and it just wodn't stop bleeding through), as well as making the velcro on the thigh straps longer. However thats it for now. I'm taking a step back form it for right now while I work on other project. I will come back to this however, because i do want to make a weapon and possibly an omni blade.

First thing, Sorry this update is taking so long. Everytime that I went to post, somethign else came up that pulled me away from it. Onto the actually update.

No need to apologize, between work, school, sleeping and playing Mass Effect 3 (and/or whatever else) I was expecting you to be pretty busy. How is the game by the way? (No spoilers please, I'm waiting until after my exams are all done to buy it) As for the weapon, do you have a favourite you plan on making? I always liked the design of the Assult Rifle, but the sniper is my favourite to use in game... it would be a hard choice for me. I guess I'd have to look at a bunch of reference pics and decide which is within my skill level to put together.

Mass Effect is a brilliant series. I'm finishing up ME2 right now and doing my best to stay away from spoilers for ME3. >_<

The Amor looks great so far. Handy that you have the templates. I'm sure that makes things easier for you.

Spoiler alert: dead people don't come back XD

You're doing a great job on getting all the tiny details in there. Good choice on foam too, it gives you the bend you need for such form fitting armor. good work! :D and then when you're done you need to make a mattock and a carnifex XD

Nice build, the red and black colour scheme reminds me of the Colossus X heavy armour from the first game.

No need to apologize, between work, school, sleeping and playing Mass Effect 3 (and/or whatever else) I was expecting you to be pretty busy. How is the game by the way? (No spoilers please, I'm waiting until after my exams are all done to buy it) As for the weapon, do you have a favourite you plan on making? I always liked the design of the Assult Rifle, but the sniper is my favourite to use in game... it would be a hard choice for me. I guess I'd have to look at a bunch of reference pics and decide which is within my skill level to put together.

Thanks Nessy. Truth be told, I didn't pick up the game yet. I still need to do a run through of ME2 and find the time to do so. As for weapons, i'll either pick something out of the Heavy or sniper class, nothing is set in stone yet.

Spoiler alert: dead people don't come back XD

You're doing a great job on getting all the tiny details in there. Good choice on foam too, it gives you the bend you need for such form fitting armor. good work! :D and then when you're done you need to make a mattock and a carnifex XD

Thanks captain. Foam is probably the only logical way to go with this build. Pep is pretty much out, but you may be able to do it with sculpting and casting it in something flexible.

And like vshore said, just watch out with the spoilers.

Nice build, the red and black colour scheme reminds me of the Colossus X heavy armour from the first game.

Thanks p bro. truth be told the color scheme was completely due to lack of planning lol. I first planned on doing a regular grey and black suit, but I ordered the wrong color foam. So I decided to do black as the primary color and gray as secondary, but then I couldn't find large enough grey pieces lol. All in all, I really like the color scheme though.

Really nice foam build.
Coming along great.
Keep it coming!

Thanks man I appreciate it. Unfortunately for right now I gotta put it on hiatus. School is back in full swing and I need to get back to work on my Spartan III suit. I will come back to update it once I have some time to work on the weapons. Till then, thank you all for looking and I'll see you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back