For those looking to make accurate helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

Sr Member
This is something I just noticed yesterday, never noticed it before.
Be careful if you are using those DoA4 Spartan pictures for reference, there seems to be a small difference on the helmet model than the Halo in-game model. And I just looked through some members galleries and threads and noticed at least 2 helmets have been made using those DoA pics for reference. It's only a small incontinuity, but I think with more people doing some fine detailing work on pep helms, accuracy should be more and more important to people.

[attachment=1799:Comparison.jpg]

The upper left pic is the DoA model reference. The 3 other color pictures are Halo 2 & 3 shots, and the pep helmet on the upper right is FS' helmet. I've got arrows pointing to the difference, but just in case you don't know what I'm pointing out...

There is a small indented vent around MC's LED housing protrusion. On the DoA model, the vent 'points' towards the front of the helm, and is on the actual light housing. On the Halo in-game models, the vent points towards the back of the helm, and is located just behind that light housing. On FS' pep model, the vent is incorporated in the model and faces correctly. I don't know about the other H3 pep models, I haven't built them yet.

Just thought this might be useful to people staring intently at only the DoA model for reference.

Edit: Here's the 405th thread started by Grim R3aper with the high res model shots: LINK

And here's a link to IGN's Halo 3 screenshots page, where I got the other 3 pictures from: LINK
The IGN page has 65 pages with 12 images each page of screenshots and promo images. It is a lot to sift through, but it's worth it.

can we get more screen shots of the halo bits in here? I t would be nice to compile a bunch of reference photos to make sure everything is good to go on our projects.
For those of us whom cant afford an xbox 360

Darth-Malevelus said:
can we get more screen shots of the halo bits in here? I t would be nice to compile a bunch of reference photos to make sure everything is good to go on our projects.
For those of us whom cant afford an xbox 360

Here's the 405th thread started by Grim R3aper with the high res model shots: LINK

And here's a link to IGN's Halo 3 screenshots page, where I got the other 3 pictures from: LINK
The IGN page has 65 pages with 12 images each page of screenshots and promo images. It is a lot to sift through, but it's worth it.

Also added these links to 1st post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back