Found my first build from 11 years ago (10yrs old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomRanger

DMO, Armory, and Forum Support
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S063
This is my first cosplay before I even knew what cosplay was. The only resources I had at my disposal were heavy duty scissors, card board, duct tape, spray paint, and google images. No one helped me plan or build it. I had a Battlerifle and Sniper Rifle as well, but I guess they didn't make it into the photos.

Build took me a month.

If my work was going to be appreciated anywhere (even for humour), it'd be here. Though, I watched this video [Halo Kid] almost every day for inspiration.

I never wore the helmet because it was trash, and I couldn't see. See my album in "Media" for more images (some include young Phauxelate!)

PA310144.jpg

Attachments

• PA310136.jpg
    PA310136.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 229
Oh my gosh! I remember that star wars costume!

I'm glad you could finally find those missing photos, because you kept bragging that you "Done it first".

You may have done it first, but I'm going to do it BEST. ;)
Time was your ally, human, but now it has abandoned you. The brother... has returned.

Those are actually awesome! And It looks like rex was bought, so that is a pro to him, but it also wasnt hand made by an absolute legend at the time
Haha thanks! and yeah Capt. Rex was bought. The year before I was a matching Command Cody (hence the typo in description)

I really wish my kids were interested in helping me build their costumes, but alas they are happy to wear them but ask for any manual labor other then 5 mins of spraying paint and they become to bored to bother.

I feel your pain merc4now......I too suffer from cosplay building deficient children.......love to go to cons and suit up......but build it.......:eek::eek::eek:....we have more important things to do.......like xbox, Youtube, texting friends,IG, FB, and Twitter updates.........hell, I can barely get them to clean their rooms let alone help with their own builds!!!!! I will admit that my eldest cosplayer is actually working on her own build right now......just need tips and tricks to improve her building technique.

This thread was the context behind my comment here:

We would've gotten along well merc4now, cause no one even suggested to me that I should built it. I just decided I wanted to and did it (granted, they supported me in providing materials).

I feel your pain merc4now......I too suffer from cosplay building deficient children.......love to go to cons and suit up......but build it.......:eek::eek::eek:....we have more important things to do.......like xbox, Youtube, texting friends,IG, FB, and Twitter updates.........hell, I can barely get them to clean their rooms let alone help with their own builds!!!!! I will admit that my eldest cosplayer is actually working on her own build right now......just need tips and tricks to improve her building technique.

100% relatable, it's fun when they're young though, until embarranent sets in only have one who may have broken the barrier.

This thread was the context behind my comment here:

We would've gotten along well merc4now, cause no one even suggested to me that I should built it. I just decided I wanted to and did it (granted, they supported me in providing materials).
I try to support them in whatever they like long as they show true interest then I try to get into it with them, hence the wasted drone phase and airsoft phase. Luckily halo keeps coming back every few years so we always have that.

I try to support them in whatever they like long as they show true interest then I try to get into it with them, hence the wasted drone phase and airsoft phase. Luckily halo keeps coming back every few years so we always have that.
I'm not a father, but it sounds like you're doing it right. Here's to hopin they pickup similar interests!

Sounds like you need to teach them the most important part of being a cosplayer is that you are a one person R&D, textiles, manufacturing, body shop, social media and sales team. THERE AIN'T NO TIME FOR XBOX

Sounds like you need to teach them the most important part of being a cosplayer is that you are a one person R&D, textiles, manufacturing, body shop, social media and sales team. THERE AIN'T NO TIME FOR XBOX
Yeah, they're part of a family now. That lone wolf stuff, stays behind xD.

Forgot to update this thread after I got deployed. I managed to get the same Spartan DIN here on the 405th (S-063) as the one I picked out as a kid when I made this red suit :D, was pretty pumped about that.

Forgot to update this thread after I got deployed. I managed to get the same Spartan DIN here on the 405th (S-063) as the one I picked out as a kid when I made this red suit :D, was pretty pumped about that.
Welcome to the cool number crew. High five from S068.

Congratulations on your Deployment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back