Not open for further replies.

Heatshock

hey guys

just foolin around with pep at the moment

garland's chest box

vrogy's armour pieces

Vincenzo's helmet

coming together, also cut into/modded the asembled pep a little already

YAY! Someone else! Gander at my progress, it'll be nice to see someone's else to compare, let me know if you want help putting the add on to the marine chest, I don't feel like going into it if you don't need help.

didnt quite understand the add on to chest bit? is it help in the pep part or the actual fixing onto the chest plate?$

heck - any help is welcome!

I like the scale of garlands chest box - but it seems that vrogy's chest plate needs a bit of modding.

ok ok guess the techno-phobe, instread of goign back and scaling the chest peice UP, I am going to work on the finished piece by adding cardboard and bonding over the whole thing!

ok - not given up; just really slow lol

resining finally done; as was the fibreglassing.

oh yes and a small side project as well - the M6

Nice Franken-Pep haha.

Didn't even occur to me that people might try to craft a pilot, I mean, aside from some helmet views, there isn't a whole lot to work off of.

Can't wait to see the end product!

from my reading and piccie viewing - its looks like a mostly marine armour with the extra chestbox and a new helmet

in fact - looking at the ref piccie; the helmet snout might be a little to long. gonna cut it back a bit once I get the helmet a little more re-inforced inside. thanks for looking mate :D

looks great so far=] im making the same thing(regular marine though) im still on the torso though, and should be done by the end of the week, but great work :D

still working on this

didnt like the comm set onthe front and the cheeks - pics to come; but a little look into why I havent been concentrating on my pilot build :D

this is for a friends kid:

gallery_11250_1887_31331.jpg
gallery_11250_1887_9713.jpg

detail of the weathering

gallery_11250_1887_7573.jpg

and this for my own little girl :D

gallery_11250_1887_12286.jpg
gallery_11250_1887_29361.jpg

Happy to find another Pilot enthusiast. I plan on making that armor as well as the ODST armor. Looking forward for more progress pics on your pilot.

What pep file did you use for the M6 gun?

I just used the one in the HALO costuming wiki - just to see it to scale really. Might do a card board build now I got that pep versionf or comparison

gettin camera warmed up and broad band sorted soon.

rofl Jason - that u?

u managed to register on here too!

cool mate - yeah a meet up would be good. but at the mo', there looks to be abt 2 inches of snow out front already!

Nate

ok small updates

I didnt like the 'snout' and the cheek detail on the original vinc helmet pep - so I cut em off and aiming to do some reshaping and re-pasting

gallery_11250_1395_36603.jpg
gallery_11250_1395_524761.jpg

I also didnt like the look of the comm unit at the end of the unit, so scratch built the part from the ref pics with some cardbaord and bondo

gallery_11250_1395_422858.jpg

I have re-pasted the snout bit in, re-inforced with FG and bond, and a little more bondo to the dome of the lid. Pics to come soon.

right as warned - I am NOT teh fastest builder int eh world, but I am patient

next small update - re-attached the snout, with my own scratch built comm unit

small amount of fixing at the cheek area

re-aligned the tabs at the brow of the helmet so its mroe accurate to the ref pics

gallery_11250_1395_268959.jpg

gallery_11250_1395_227607.jpg
gallery_11250_1395_326269.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back