French Fan Need Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etanin

Hi every body, I'm a French Fan of Halo, so my english is not very well and i'm sorry for it.

So, I download Pepakura Designer, but, for my first pepakura paper test was castatrophic.... And I just try to do a simple knife...

So, I want advice for do a Recon Helmet :
- Wich quality of paper ?
- Wich resin for solidify the helmet ?
- If I must do a Molding ? And with what ?
etc...

Thank you, sorry for my approximate english :/
See you !

- You will want to use either 80lb or 110lb cardstock for pepping, as it holds the shape through all the processes.
- I'm not sure what everyone else uses, but I tend to like Bondo brand Fiberglass Resin. It looks like this:

bon-401.jpg

You might have other types of resin available to you where you live, but if you have access to this, I recommend it. You may also want to use fiberglass cloth to harden your work, rather than just using resin. There are tutorials for this, and you can use any basic fiberglass cloth or mat.

- You don't have to do a molding, unless of course you really want to.

It is easy and cheap (relatively) to produce a good set of armor with the above mentioned materials. you can also use Bondo brand Auto Body Filler to make your work look even better. It looks like this:

076308002626lg.jpg

Again, if you have this easily accessible to you, I recommend using it.

Good luck with your project, and try to be as accurate as possible in the earlier steps. This will make future steps faster and easier. Welcome to the 405th!

Ok, Thank you for this quick answer !

I'm going to begin the Recon Helmet and I will post picture of my progress.

See You !

So, I download Pepakura Designer, but, for my first pepakura paper test was castatrophic.... And I just try to do a simple knife...

So, I want advice for do a Recon Helmet :
- Wich quality of paper ?
- Wich resin for solidify the helmet ?
- If I must do a Molding ? And with what ?
etc...

• Knives are actually not that easy. They are small and closed, as opposed to a helmet which can have rather large pieces and is open.
  • 200 to 250 g/m² is good.
  • The popular "fibreglass resin" usually goes by the name of "polyester resin" in Europe, but there may be a French term for it, not sure. You can use other resins as well.
  • No. Unless you want copies of your model, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back