Fresh from boot looking for and to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southofhonor

If there are thread(s) already made about what i'm about to ask(im 100% positive there is i just suck at life),please redirect me i have scoured the threads for answers.but no luck.

1. in the "Halo 5: asset files" are the OBJ files totally raw and need to be unfolded?

2. when i drag and drop the extracted file in to PV4 it gives me the " cannot load file of specific type" should i toss viewer and just buy it or am i extracting it wrong?

i have a good amount of down time and would love to learn how to unfold pieces to help with the workload. Just need a tutorial or a guide to start off.i am a quick learner and strongly believe in doing it right the first time.

that is what i figured thank you for the fast reply. would you know of any thread or direct me to where i should look that has an updated list of files that are already unfolded so i don't re-do files?

1. in the "Halo 5: asset files" are the OBJ files totally raw and need to be unfolded?

Yup. You may also want to split the model up into the component pieces as well.

2. when i drag and drop the extracted file in to PV4 it gives me the " cannot load file of specific type" should i toss viewer and just buy it or am i extracting it wrong?

You're trying to load up an OBJ file, yes? And you're not just dropping the raw ZIP folder into Pepakura? If you need further help, PM me, I think I can help.

Yes! im not currently at my computer, but i am pretty positive its the extracted file.
Once i get back ill shoot you a message if i don't figure it out

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yup. You may also want to split the model up into the component pieces as well.

By splitting the whole model into component pieces you mean like this? Or each piece on its own separate card stock page?

5b9a754956e6cb014871b7206085137b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 5b9a754956e6cb014871b7206085137b.jpg
    5b9a754956e6cb014871b7206085137b.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 184
By splitting the whole model into component pieces you mean like this? Or each piece on its own separate card stock page?

No, I meant in taking the whole model and making each body part (forearm/chest/shoulder/thigh/shin/boot, etc) its own unique file.

Hi, SOH! First off, welcome to the 405th! Let's see if I can give you a better idea of how to go about getting a obj. File ready for Pepakura.

1st thing you need to have is a 3d modeling program. Try Blender, it's free! For being free it's a very powerful modeler. At first sight looking at its interface it may seem a bit confusing. If you have any trouble figuring some things out, just ask.

2ndly, you would need to import the raw file into blender. Once imported, you can use Object mode, and Edit mode to manipulate the raw file. Edit mode should only be used if you plan to delete Faces of the model, are add details to the model. But for unfolding the raw files, there isn't much editing that needs to be done to the model.

Don't wanna get off track to much. So, in Object mode once you have the armor variant imported, you want be to separate the armor into sections like Chernobyl mentioned earlier. Let's say I just wanted to focus on the torso portion of the armor. You would need to hold down SHIFT on your keyboard while right clicking on your mouse, in order to select multiple parts of the armor at one time. Basically you select everything except the torso portion of the armor. After you have selected everything hit letter (x) on your keyboard, then select the delete option. Upon deletion, the torso should remain by itself. Once you have a certain section of the armor isolated, export it as obj. File to the desired location on your computer. Next find your saved file that you exported, right click it with your mouse, and open with Pepakura designer.

This should help with grasping everything needed for Unfolding.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back